GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,170
1 members and 1,169 guests
navane

Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

History post - Women's Fraternities at Michigan through 1902

Those of you who love fraternity history are kindred spirits. I have loved fraternity history for decades and my mind is full of random, useless and arcane information about fraternities, especially women's fraternities. A number of people encouraged me to set up a blog to post these interesting thoughts. I have done that and on my blog you will find many posts about all sorts of things that are somehow connected to fraternities.

I am a Pi Phi and most of my Pi Phi related posts are on the Pi Beta Phi web-site. Grace Coolidge and her Fiji husband are an interest of mine and while I write a good amount about her on the Pi Phi site, she also crops up on my blog. Others do too, every now and then, just because, but as seeing as I make the rules on my own site, I can do that. :-)

My blog is not monetized and I don't make a cent off of visitors. That is not my focus. I love writing about these topics. I frankly do not care if anyone reads them. I link to the posts because I want all my posts to be in one accessible spot in one place.

If you dislike my posts or dislike me, that is fine. Variety is the spice of life. If you want to know when I put up a new post, you can subscribe to it. I'd like to continue to provide a link here on GC, but I am not one for staying where I am not wanted.

My heartfelt thanks to those kindred spirits who enjoy fraternity history.

And now the post......

Women's fraternities provided the early college woman with a support system. There were several campuses where, by 1902, there were or had been chapters of each of the seven founding NPC members. The University of Michigan is one of these campuses.

The University of Michigan, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, was founded on August 26, 1817. Coeducation was a topic that had been discussed for many years.

Read more at:

http://wp.me/p20I1i-cC
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyapbp View Post
If you dislike my posts or dislike me, that is fine. Variety is the spice of life. If you want to know when I put up a new post, you can subscribe to it. I'd like to continue to provide a link here on GC, but I am not one for staying where I am not wanted.
You could have done without this.

Is this thread the "nyapbp history blog" thread or are you going to just keep posting multiple threads?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyapbp View Post
My blog is not monetized and I don't make a cent off of visitors. That is not my focus. I love writing about these topics. I frankly do not care if anyone reads them. I link to the posts because I want all my posts to be in one accessible spot in one place.

Agreed that this is unnecessary. And I don't think the comments in the other thread indicate in the least that you are not wanted here -- I think they suggest quite the opposite. What many of them do say, however, is that you are not accomplishing the goal of the bolded by adding a new thread for each new link.

I really enjoyed this entry on women's fraternities at Michigan through 1902. I do want to mention that another women's fraternity would be founded at Michigan the following year -- Sigma Alpha Iota. Not NPC, of course, but noteworthy nonetheless.