Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 904
0 members and 904 guests
No Members online

Old 08-16-2001, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Post University of Maryland

Is Chi Omega colonizing a new chapter at The University of Maryland? If so, when??
Old 08-16-2001, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Your guess is about as good as mine. I'm not sure of the whole process of establishing a chapter, and if Chi Omega lets us know about it right away. So if you have any questions about it, I would direct you to the Chi Omega National website where you could probably email one of the women at headquarters. That site is www.chiomega.com.
Hootie
Old 08-16-2001, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks but I did check the Web site and there is no chapter listed under the University of Maryland (or in the state of MD for that matter)

HOWEVER, I went to the umd.edu and looked at their greek affairs pages and the house that used to be gamma phi beta now says it's Chi Omega. But, it looks like the house is under renovation and formal rush isn't until february so I was wondering if they are officially on campus now.

Sad for Gamma Phi Beta but happy for Chi Omega. ZTA took over Pi Beta Phi so I can relate. UMD is a very competitive greek system one that Chi Omega will make an excellent addition to!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie:
Your guess is about as good as mine. I'm not sure of the whole process of establishing a chapter, and if Chi Omega lets us know about it right away. So if you have any questions about it, I would direct you to the Chi Omega National website where you could probably email one of the women at headquarters. That site is www.chiomega.com.
Hootie
Old 08-16-2001, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hmmm, well that would be good news for Chi Omega. I didn't notice any news about another chapter being colonized in our seasonal magazine. But hopefully someone else, perhaps Sue, can fill us in on if the rumors are true.
Good Luck during Recruitment ZetaGirly.
Hootie
Old 10-01-2001, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to disappoint, but here is the low down on XO at UMd... I am a DG here, but a mad legacy of XO (my mom and three aunts were Chi O's and my Grandmother was one also at Arkansas, where her English Prof was one of the founders). Clearly, I found out what was up with ChiO's here. They tried to colonize here the year before I got here, like four or five years ago. They had a colonizing class of 75, but according to my Greek advisor, This was not enough for Nationals, so they withdrew from the colonization process. Then Gamma Phi got the house, did tons of renovations, but didn't rebuild like they wanted... then Kappa got kicked off campus, so now we are down to 14 sororities. Hope this helps! :-)

PS- the webpage is crazy old... they haven't updated it for a long while.
Old 10-01-2001, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
Locals

Thanks for the update! I know from a "high up" (in leadership) Chi Omega- that Chi Omega really likes to approach Local Sororities (that are interested in becoming National) rather than colonize a new chapter. We use to be a local sorority (The Alphas) at Indiana State and Chi Omega came in and introduced themselves.

I remember a local sorority at Southern Connecticut University who had the owl and white carnation. I waitressed with a girl during the summer and she told me their chapter wanted to become Chi Omega. But I was only a soph. in college and could not really help them. I think I will check into that again!