GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,544
3 members and 1,541 guests
Charlesrex

Old 03-14-2004, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Rushing at Clemson, Fall 2004

Hello to all!
I'm very excited to say that I'll be rushing at Clemson in the Fall as a freshman. I have tons of friends in who are greeks at CU, and their stories about their sororities & fraternities have made me very interested in the greek system and anxious for rush to come. I have a few Clemson graduates writing recs for me (which, I hear, never hurts). I'll keep everyone updated when the time comes, and I'd really appreciate any specific advice about rushing at Clemson. Thanks! Go tigers!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Best of luck in your recruitment experience! (I know it's a little early, but everyone can use a good dose of luck and support at any time, right? )
Old 03-14-2004, 12:38 PM
ztawinthropgirl

Camelia, I just graduated from Winthrop University (Clemson's sister school) in December, 2003. I am originally from the Clemson area (Piedmont, SC to be exact). I hope you have a wonderful time during Recruitment. I know it's an exciting time and, if it's anything comparable to USC's, a lot of people will be going through. I know a girl that went to USC and was a ZTA there and her NM class was 200 girls! That's a lot to me because our largest NM class was 33 and we thought we were overwhelmed with new girls!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

NM Class 200

What was the size of the chapter???
Old 03-14-2004, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Clemson people are evil, run away
Old 03-14-2004, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck in advance! There are a lot of good sororities to choose from, so I'm sure you'll be able to find your home. Please keep us posted.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

awesome

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztabchbum Send a message via Yahoo to ztabchbum
Good luck and keep us posted! \^^^/
Old 03-18-2004, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IheartAphi
OH MY GOSH--- You have to eat at the Wallahalla Steak House Cafeteria- ITS THE BEST

(its near clemson in one of those towns)

my two best friends were in a sorority at clemson and they loved it. They have a great system and they don't seem as caddy about other chapters (they have friends in a lot of different chapters) Clemson is a great school, I wish I had considered it now.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Rushing at Clemson, Fall 2004

Congratulations, Camelia! Good luck on finding your sorority home!!

As for having Clemson graduates writing recs for you, try to get at least one rec from EVERY sorority at Clemson - it won't hurt at all! The GreekChat ladies will certainly help you!
Old 03-18-2004, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to all of you for your responses - I can already tell that this is going to be one experience made easier by all of your advice & support!
Old 03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
ztawinthropgirl

Not only do they each have an exact replica of each other's Tillman Building, but when each were single gendered schools, the administration and professors would bring the students to a neutral area and have banquets/dances for the students. It's kind of like the banquet/dance that Wellesley and Harvard had in the movie Mona Lisa Smile.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl
I've never heard Winthrop referred to as Clemson's sister school, but I know a lot of great ZTA's there!

As for Clemson's recruitment, quota is generally in the high 40's to high 50's, depending on the number of PNM's.

As far as USC's ZTA chapter goes, your friend must be referring to the size of the entire chapter. Both Clemson and USC have ZTA chapters over 170 members. The largest pledge class USC has ever had was this year, to my knowledge, with just around 70 new members. Clemson's ZTA new member class this year had 56 girls.

With ten chapters and such big new member classes, there are lots of ZTA's in this state!

*edited to add - Camelia, I PM'd you.

The largest pledge class at USC this year was 70, which was Chi Omega. I THINK quota was 60, but I'm not absolutely positive. I think ZTA took 65, and their chapter size is probably over 200 at this point. I'm not really sure that anyone knows for sure at this point, since people drop and stuff, but I think ZTA has the biggest chapter right now. Last I heard, it was either ZTA or KD, with ADPi not far behind. I can check with one of my ZTA friends to verify this info.

Everyone likes to compare USC and Clemson, since we're the two largest schools in South Carolina, but in terms of greek life, it's a LOT different right now. We have 8 sorority chapters and Clemson has 10. USC's total is 100 and Clemson's is 130. While Clemson is slightly smaller than USC, their greek life percentage is much higher. They set quota usually around 50, but they don't allow quota plus to the extent that USC does (technically, no chapter should take more than 3 over quota, but we won't go into that...) Clemson has a VERY good greek system, and I'm glad that you've decided to rush there. Good luck during recruitment, even though you picked the wrong school. Go COCKS!

Last edited by CarolinaDG; 03-21-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

oops. Sorry, I thought there were 11 before DG closed.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Well... many months have passed since my first post on GC, but that doesn't mean that I left! I decided to keep a low profile on the boards to keep my options open at Clemson - you never know who's reading.

I am SO VERY happy to report that I am now a new member of ZETA TAU ALPHA! Now, GC has TWO lovely Clemson Zeta women... BrownEyedGirl (who I was able to meet for the first time at Pref!!!) and myself!

For all of the PNM's who have yet to go through recruitment... the best advice I can give you is to keep an open mind. I did just that, and I was able to meet the sisters of a lifetime. They are wonderful!

Go Tigers!

(ps - If a mod wants to move this thread to the Recruitment Stories forum, that would be great... I just don't know how to do it myself! Thanks!)