Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,443
0 members and 1,443 guests
No Members online

Old 02-19-2002, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile I'm interested in Sigma Gamma Rho..

Hello ! I hope that I am not disrespecting anyone by posting on this forum. I am not a member of SGRho, but I am interested. I attend a HBCU and even though I am not old enough to pledge, I would like to let the members of SGRho on my campus know that I am interested. Should I just introduce myself to a member that I see in between classes and let her know of my interest? I do not know how to go about this! I hope that one of the ladies here can help me out. Thanks for your time! -Yemaya-
Old 02-19-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EntycinglyBleu
Confused

I am not a member of Sigma Gamma Rho either, my sisterfriend, but what do you mean you are not old enough to pledge?
Old 02-19-2002, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yemaya,

Are you a freshman? Because most hbcu won't let freshmen folks join greek letter organizations! You usually have to be at least a sophmore to become a member of the greek letter organization!
Well, Yemaya you need to attend their functions as well as the interest meeting, participate in their community projects, work on community projects of your own, and study and get excellent grades. Don't forget to approach my sorhors and stay positive!

Serioussigma22
Old 02-19-2002, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Yemaya, First of all Welcome to Greekchat....My advice to you is to keep your grades up academics is very important....Research, Research!!!! Like SoRHOr SeriousSigma said attend our sponsored events and do some community service on your own....Just get to know my soRHOrs...

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 02-20-2002, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Sorry about not being clear...

First I would like to thank everyone that has welcomed me to GreekChat! I appreciate all of the love and positive vibes! Sorry about not being clear in my first post....Yes I am a freshman in college, and I do know that I will not be able to pledge until at least my sophomore year.....I would also like to thank everyone for the advice! One problem is, is that the chapter of SGRho here on my campus just started to put up signs letting people know about their different projects(I do check every bullentin board that I see!) The ladies are having an event tomorrow (Wednesday) and I will be sure to attend! Once again, I thank you all for the advice and positive vibes! I do not get that from abc an xyz sororities on my campus. Let me be quiet now.....
-Yemaya-
Old 02-22-2002, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with my SoRHOr's, go to events, have a positive attitude, have patience, and have fun! Good luck!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Post ????

Whats up ya'll

I'm not a member but interested in Sigma Gamma Rho also. There's a chapter here on my campus but I will be transferring to the Art Institue in Chicago in the fall and I don't think that they have a chapter. So if any of you have any suggestions that would help.

Hit me back @:
adreg77@hotmail.com