Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 951
0 members and 951 guests
No Members online

Old 04-10-2000, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Post HELP

I WAS INITIATED INTO THE FRATERNITY IN THE SPRING OF 1997. AT THAT TIME I DIDN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT KAPPA ALPHA PSI. ONE OF MY FRIENDS WAS A SWEETHEART AT THE PATICULAR CHAPTER. SHE TOLD ME THEY WERE HAVING AN INTEREST MEETING. I WENT AND LIKE A WEEK LATER THEY WERE ASKING ME TO PLEDGE. I MUST SAY IT WAS NOT THE TRADITIONAL PLEDGE PROCESS A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER WE WHERE BEING INTIATED. WE HAD NO HISTORY OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE. WE WHERE ONLY TOLD TO LEARN THE GREEK ALPHABET AND THE FOUNDERS. AFTER OUR INTIATION WE WERE TOLD THAT AN OLDER BROTHER WOULD BE GIVING US HISTORY LESSONS. LET'S JUST SAY I DIDN'T FEEL WELCOMED BY THE UNDERGRADUATE BROTHERS. THE ALUMNI BROTHERS ALWAYS MADE ME FEEL WELCOMED. I WOULD HEAR STUFF LIKE WE WEREN'T REALLY KAPPAS. BUT I WAS LIKE YOU GAVE US YOUR SECRETS AND DON'T RESPECT US. ANYWAY AFTER A SERIES OF EVENTS I DIDN'T BECOME ACTIVE. IT'S MY JUNIOR YEAR AND I'M AT A DIFFERENT SCHOOL. ACCORDING TO NATIONALS I'M AN ACTIVE BROTHER, BUT I DON'T FEEL IT IN MY HEART. I DON'T FEEL I WAS PROPERLY PREPARED TO ASSUME DUTIES AS AN ACTIVE BROTHER. PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF MY INITIATION ASK ME WHY I DON'T WEAR LETTERS. IT'S NOT ABOUT LETTERS TO ME. I BELIEVE IN WHAT KAPPA STAND FOR BUT I ALSO DON'T THINK MY PLEDGE PROCESS PREPARED ME THEREFORE I'M NOT GONNA WEAR LETTERS I DON'T FEEL I EARNED. I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE TRUE PLEDGE PROCESS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?...CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Old 04-11-2000, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hello,
I was just browsing through (being nosey) and I noticed your message. It really touched me because your situation is somewhat similar to something that has been/still is going on with my sorority. Long story. I just want to say to you that regardless of what initiation experience you went through, you are still a Kappa. Nobody can take that away from you. You know the secrets and it's up to you to learn your history. It may take going to an older Kappa who is no longer concerned with the petty things that undergraduate greeks go through. Get in contact with a Graduate advisor or someone that you can trust. Explain to them your situation and how you feel (as much as you are willing to share) and let them help you. Kappa Alpha Psi is a great organization and you obviously wanted to go that way for a reason. With time and effort to learn your history and all of the other things that you may want to learn, I'm sure that you will have that Kappa love in your heart. That is when you'll be more than happy to wear your letters. Just remember that the letters don't make the man. The man makes the letters. Good luck on your quest.
Old 04-11-2000, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Keeping it real im not suprised. The kappas on my yard are the fakest niggas alive. The kappas on my yard will make you hate kappas every where. I have meet some cool ass kappas befor though. Question, How can kappas who skate try and pledge people? You cant pledge people if you weren't pledged yourself. The old head kappas up here use to be cool, since they left these niggaz are the worst no greeks fuck with them, some of their own brohs on the yard dont fuck with them. So like you said fuck it they told you their secerts!
Old 04-11-2000, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Keeping it real im not suprised. The kappas on my yard are the fakest niggas alive. The kappas on my yard will make you hate kappas every where. I have meet some cool ass kappas befor though. Question, How can kappas who skate try and pledge people? You cant pledge people if you weren't pledged yourself. The old head kappas up here use to be cool, since they left these niggaz are the worst no greeks fuck with them, some of their own brohs on the yard dont fuck with them. So like you said fuck it they told you their secerts!
Old 04-11-2000, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Damn baby!! this is a hard on- In any event, SkeWee said most of it- YOU"RE A NUPE ALREADY!!!! As far as going back and going thru a different process, it is not going to have the same significance because you already know most of it.
SKEWEE, I have to disagree with you when yousaid ..."pitty things undergrad go thru- Not all of us have the same experience, but-speaking of mine, being undergrad was real, fun, HARD at a point, but WORTHY.
Back to you, I guess you explain your situation and try tp have a diff. process. DO NOT GO TO SOME HIGH OFFICIAL of member of the higher offices- THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU - Remember PLEDGING IS NOT LEGAL!!!!!!!
Do not feel you don't deserve to wear those letters- WE DO NOT PICK THE WAY WE ARE BROUGHT INTO THE ORG.we belon to. WHat ever the case may be, you're still a nupe and, I acknowledge you as such.
Talkto people you trust- Are youin NY? maybe someone can help you. HOLLA BACK BABY IN RED!!!!!
Gripping you with some Blue and Gold!!!
Holla.
Old 04-11-2000, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

DAMN!!! I AM SORRY FOR ALL THE MISTAKES- I WAS TRYING TO TYPE FAST BEFORE I GET DISCONNECTED.
Old 04-24-2000, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Look Nole,

You shouldn't feel ashame for not going through a pledge process as far as crossing the burning sands. I was pledged hard. I cross the sands and I tell you it was no joke. Even to some of the brothers in other chapters , they still see my line as paper because we didn't tolerate no bullshit. If you learn your history no one kan fuck with you. Wear your letters with pride. I don't know your age but, you shouldn't let no one tell you that you are no real. Like I said, if you know your history then you kan't be faded, trust me on the phi.............See NOLE, pledging is not getting beat down to be real..you kan pledge a kat mentally...fuck with his mind not his body(physically). I suggest that you go to an intake session or pledging of new intakes........ As for BLUE_5_1914, there is no weak ass Kappas, just kats who don't really have the understanding on what the organizations is about, so kill that weak shit BLUEBOY..........WEAR YOUR LETTERS BRO...KEEP IT REAL.......YO YO........PNOTY#1 "PRETTIEST NUPE OF THE YEAR" SP95
Old 04-24-2000, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Look Nole,

You shouldn't feel ashame for not going through a pledge process as far as crossing the burning sands. I was pledged hard. I cross the sands and I tell you it was no joke. Even to some of the brothers in other chapters , they still see my line as paper because we didn't tolerate no bullshit. If you learn your history no one kan fuck with you. Wear your letters with pride. I don't know your age but, you shouldn't let no one tell you that you are no real. Like I said, if you know your history then you kan't be faded, trust me on the phi.............See NOLE, pledging is not getting beat down to be real..you kan pledge a kat mentally...fuck with his mind not his body(physically). I suggest that you go to an intake session or pledging of new intakes........ As for BLUE_5_1914, there is no weak ass Kappas, just kats who don't really have the understanding on what the organizations is about, so kill that weak shit BLUEBOY..........WEAR YOUR LETTERS BRO...KEEP IT REAL.......YO YO........PNOTY#1 "PRETTIEST NUPE OF THE YEAR" SP95
Old 05-04-2000, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I kan understand how the brother feels, but U had no say so in how you kame into The Bond. U determine how a brother will treat you though. I hate to say it, but if that PNP is really in your heart, you will wear those letters. If you want info, NUPE,(becuase that is what you are), then hit me up at nuper2@yahoo.com, and we can go from there. Or tell me where you are, I might be able to find someone that might be able to help. Just don't let them get to you. Think of what Elder and Byron had to go through. Your troubles are nothing kompared to theirs. For real NUPE, hit me up. I am located in DC. If you Kan make it here, let me know, and you kan hang with some brothers that will definately show you a good time, and show you what Brotherhood, and The Bond are all about.

As for Blue 5 1914, man shut the fuck up. I respect all greeks, as long as you respect me. Now when you Kome out of your mouth with that krap, then I have to check you. Sorry but that's just it. I am quite sure that you have some brothers in your frat that may not always represent the frat to the fullest, but I am not hatting on you or them, so LEAVE DA NUPES ALONE!

"My head is bloody but unbowed!"

YO YO

MandingoNUPE
Old 06-02-2000, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yo Nupe keep your head up. It's not your fault nor your responsibility to see that you are brought into the bond right. Whether you pledged or not is not important at this point. You are a Kappa, so be proud of it, wear your letters and like it was stated in another response once you learn your history, no one can touch you.

YITB