GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,369
1 members and 1,368 guests
John

Old 09-23-2004, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Three Killed in Two Incidents at University of Idaho

Two University of Idaho Students Die in Motorcycle Crash, Both from Boise

By Melinda O'Malley
BOISE -
The University of Idaho reports two students, both from Boise died after a weekend motorcycle accident near campus.

The U of I reports Jack Shannon, a sophomore communications students and 19 year old Jason Yearout, who was in the Theater and Film Program both died from their injuries. No other details about the accident were available.

Both men were in the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity.

Tim White, the University of Idaho President released this statement in connection with the deaths of all three men. (Including 19 year old Eric McMillan who was shot and killed over the weekend)

"We extend our heartfelt sympathies to the families and friends of our students, Eric, Jack and Jason.... The loss leaves a sense of.. profound sadness. Words seem inadequate to express the depths of our feelings... The University of Idaho is a community of strong interconnections, and these tragedies affect us all. At times of such deep sorrow, we comfort each other by pulling together and supporting one another as we work through these tragic events."

The third man, Eric McMillan was a UI Football player. According to the newspaper, two men from Seattle are suspected in the shooting. They say the motive may be revenge.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is a link to the article about Eric McMillan, the Uof I football player who was killed this weekend. His Uncle, who was his legal guardian, spoke today, and had Eric's twin sister with him.

Brothers charged with First Degree Murder

This weekend was a hard one for the entire community in the Moscow/Pullman with three deaths over such a short period of time. We have such a small population in the area, this kind of violence almost never happens here.

There was an article in the Spokesman Review yesterday about the Fraternity brothers who dies and one line caught my eye. (I couldn't find the article, so I'll paraphrase..)
U of I had arranged a conseling session for students, and couldn't figure out why no one would sit down. The, one faculty member realized that the entire crowd was waiting for the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity brothers to come in before they sat, as a sign of respect for their loss.
What a wonderful thing for those brothers.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

how terribly sad...
thoughts and prayers with all involved.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

My thoughts and prayers to those affected in those two tragic incidents.

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!