Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,413
0 members and 1,413 guests
No Members online

Old 11-04-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile What Alpha Tau has been up to.

Hello all you Sigma Alpha Ladies,

My name is Liz Matzke and I am a member of the Alpha Tau Chapter. I was wondering what kind of fundraisers some our sister chapters do? We are looking for something new and creative.

Also, we are working with the State 4-H people to develop an after school program around agriculture. We are very excited about this and we have been getting lots of postive response.

Otherwise, I would love to hear from all of you. If you are ever in Madison, WI be sure to let us know, we would love to meet fellow sisters!

Matzke
Old 11-15-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RRRastani
Liz-

What age group are you working with for the after school program? There are a lot of valuable resources on the web from Ag in the Classroom and Farm Bureau that you could incorporate into your after school program.

Also, I think we should try to organize a Sigma Alpha dinner or meet-up during World Dairy Expo as many sister- collegiate and alumni- are in Madison for that. Maybe your friendly alumni sisters could help to organize it

Robin
Old 11-17-2003, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dragon6483 Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon6483
Lightbulb Fund Raising

The Iota chapter has an annual tradition of hosting our "Kiss-A-Pig" contest. Every fall at "Dogs with the Dean" (a Dale Bumpers College of Agriculture, Food, and Life Sciences hosted cookout where the college ambassadors set up a grill and cook hotdogs for a couple hours by the ag building), we host a penny-a-vote drive in all the departmental offices where professors who agree (sign a consent form) are put on a ballot and students (and the professors themselves) vote on who will get the priviledge of kissing a live pig at dogs with the dean. The professor with the most votes, naturally, wins the honor and our newly instated traveling trophy.