GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,012
0 members and 1,012 guests
No Members online

Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Unwanted/ found at thrift store Greek t-shirt exchange/ giveaway

Hi Greek Chat,

I am a first-time poster but a long-term lurker. I have decided to register and create a thread because I have a new idea for the forum. I have noticed several threads related to Greek-related t-shirts, and the problems that arise from donating them to Goodwill. Many posters have a ton of stuff that doesn't fit, with no one to pass it down to. Meanwhile, every year loads of new members sign up after having gone through rush. Most of the time they're excited to be a part of their new organization, and they are just starting their collections. So why don't we have a thread to trade or pass down the t-shirts we don't want, or to give away stuff that we have found in thrift stores? It can be a fun way to connect with other brothers/ sisters, other schools, and to kill an hour or two searching for Greek stuff to trade at places like Goodwill.

Here are some guidelines I would suggest:

1. Post pictures of any t-shirts you have that you're willing to part with, and note the size
2. Only post shirts that are even vaguely related to Greek Life. Greek Week/ Formal/ Mountain Weekend/ Rush/… I would even go as far as to say Vineyard Vines shirts or whatever
3. If you want to trade something, mention if there are any specific organizational shirts you want and also mention your size. Think about stuff you could give to friends or relatives.
4. Assume you're giving whatever it is you have away. Don't create problems because of slow shipping/ lost packages/ whatever.
5. If you outright want something, just message the poster and ask for it. It’s a (probably) used t-shirt, so it’s really not that valuable.
6. If you give something away, edit your post to note that it is gone.
7. Pay the shipping for anything you give away. It will reduce the risk of any scams occurring – and plus shipping a t-shirt is dirt cheap with USPS.
8. Try to give at least as much as you take from other posters. If someone gives you a shirt, be on the lookout for another Greek-related t-shirt to give away yourself.

I have a couple of shirts that I will post later tonight. Until then – does anyone have anything cool to give away?

Last edited by MidAtlantGreek; 06-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I will actually start the thread out now.

Here is a large Alpha Delta Pi unisex formal shirt from 2010, from Wake Forest. It actually belonged to me but I don't really want it anymore:

EDIT: I decided to stop by a thrift store today to see if they actually did have any Greek shirts. I was not sure if that was truly common or not, but I guess it is. I found these two:

Kappa Sigma size L formal shirt from NC State, dated 2000. "Wine 'Em, Dine 'Em, And It's All Downhill From There:"

Kappa Alpha Order 2005 alumni & parents weekend, size Medium. I don't have a clue where this is from, but it has a picture of a guy in KA letters on the back, and says, "Celebrating 25 years of Larry Darnell Foote's Loyal Service:"

I'll trade for any large unisex Panhellenic shirts or cool Greek Week shirts or whatever, or if you belong to one of these orgs and really want the shirt just shoot me an PM and I will send it to you for free.

Last edited by MidAtlantGreek; 06-06-2012 at 07:20 PM.