GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,452
0 members and 1,452 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Nas Reveals Controversial Title Of New LP At NYC Gig

Album's name will pose challenges for retailers, media.
By Shaheem Reid

On Friday night at New York's Roseland Ballroom, Nas announced the title of his next album: He said it will be called Nigga and released in December. A source close to the project confirmed the name on Saturday.

Nas has said he'd planned to use that title for his last LP before he changed it to Hip-Hop Is Dead. If the December date holds firm, Nas will have a very busy winter. On November 6 he's releasing his Greatest Hits LP. A video for one of the two new songs on the project, "Surviving the Times," will be shot soon. Last week, super producer Jermaine Dupri — who has already completed tracks for Jay-Z's American Gangster — told MTV News he would love to be involved in Nas' upcoming new LP.

Nas headlined the last stop of the Sneaker Pimps Tour on Friday, where newcomers such as Mista Mal as well as legends EPMD and Slick Rick had sets. Even Jeru Da Damaja showed up and rocked the mic.

Nas kept fans antsy by not going on until well after 1 a.m., but they left visibly — and audibly — pleased.

He opened with "Hip-Hop Is Dead," then went into his catalog for records such as "One Love" and "Hate Me Now." God's Son ended with "Made You Look," during which he surprised the fans by jumping into the crowd. Once among the people, he began jumping up and down and inciting the people to jump with him. One of Nas' security guards dove into the audience after him, pulling him back to the stage, where he stood none the worse for wear.

"He touched my hand and gave me positive energy," one woman said as the house lights came on.

Besides phat rhymes, spectators saw some of the most exclusive kicks you can hope to get, as sneakers from all over the world were displayed. There was also a pit for professional skaters who sailed up and down ramps. Still, most of the skaters had to put their boards down when the acts came on, especially Nas.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...1013/nas.jhtml

On the fance about this one.....
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not on the fence.

GOOOOOOOOOO NAS!!!!!!

Free Speech rocks!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I see some violence coming from this...............

"Can I get a N*gga and Korn please?"

hehehe
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 10-16-2007 at 01:12 PM.