GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,116
0 members and 1,116 guests
No Members online

Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Risk Management Programs

My chapter is looking to improve on our risk management situation by organizing a chapter-wide intiative to publicize risk management.

As a national fraternity we require all members to take an online course called alcohol.edu which stresses the dangers and facts about drinking.

I was wondering if anyone knew of something similar that would help my chapter. Maybe an online course or maybe a seminar we could send brothers to attend.

Any ideas regarding improving the risk management levels and appreciation from our national would be great.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey there:

On certain occasions, our Greek community gets together and hosts an event for all greeks to attend. It has to go through the Greek Life director who tends to make it mandatory. For instance, we did one event where each GLO made a separate presentation about a different aspect of risk management. I wish we would have taken it a step farther and got into teams to present different strategies for sharing risk management programs. Sometimes getting ideas from other groups makes a huge difference.

One thing my group does is it requires each sister to be dry for all social after parties for one semester. We get trained on how to discreetly tell a sister to ease up on drinking or getting too friendly, we bring letter shirts just in case, and drive girls home at the end. It wasn't my favorite semester but having gone through it I now understand the purpose for risk management and I now monitor myself better so my sisters don't have to do it for me.

Bottom line...just make it as positive as possible and make it a team effort, not a thing where people intentionally try to get others in trouble.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

There are some excellent speakers from Campus Speak who address all of these issues. I've heard 4 or 5 different presentations from this group and they have all been excellent. They are pricey, but probably cheaper than sending your members out somewhere for a seminar.