Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,345
1 members and 1,344 guests
luisusadz7691

Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Iota chapter house

To reply to AnchorAlumna but in a better thread:

I haven't heard anything particular about the inside being changed except that the triplet rooms facing Millegde will have window seats with storage beneath them (how neat!). However, I know a certain Anchorman who reports (cannot say how he knows!) that the foyer is changed: the ceiling has been lifted and there are white columns are on the inside as well as the two supporting the balcony outside. I think I can imagine what it will look like - but I will definately report back on Wednesday - move in day!

If everything goes well, it should be finished by recruitment, though it definately won't be finished by move-in day. Actually some girls will be homeless for the first few days of work week (I know they are all being found beds or soft floors though!). If everything doesn't go well, the powers that be are planning on hanging bright banners over anything that's not finished and posting huge pictures of the projected finished plans everywhere. Finished house or not, we are going to have an amazing recruitment!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited about the new house!!! Please post some photos!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

did you see the ones in the Roses, Buds and Thorns thread? maybe I should move them here too! I'm supposed to be studying for my math final right now but I just had to update on how fabulous the interior looks!

The second floor study room has been... enlarged. Imagine that part that is below the balcony, it's new space in the study room! It's so sunny and airy and light! I LOVE it! There are some smallish columns in there too, as well as the third floor... (what IS that room? Officer room? Guest room?) room. Plus, the third floow room has french doors that lead to the balcony. And, they painted the DG letters on the blaconly gold. It looks fantastic.
I can't believe I forgot to check out the foyer while I was there though! I guess I was too excited about seeing everyone. Oh! and the three girl rooms! Oh my gosh! I thought they were going to be window seats, and they look just like them, without the window! I need to take my digital camera when I go back tonight! You will be blown away, I know I am.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraverage
did you see the ones in the Roses, Buds and Thorns thread? maybe I should move them here too! I'm supposed to be studying for my math final right now but I just had to update on how fabulous the interior looks!

The second floor study room has been... enlarged. Imagine that part that is below the balcony, it's new space in the study room! It's so sunny and airy and light! I LOVE it! There are some smallish columns in there too, as well as the third floor... (what IS that room? Officer room? Guest room?) room. Plus, the third floow room has french doors that lead to the balcony. And, they painted the DG letters on the blaconly gold. It looks fantastic.
I can't believe I forgot to check out the foyer while I was there though! I guess I was too excited about seeing everyone. Oh! and the three girl rooms! Oh my gosh! I thought they were going to be window seats, and they look just like them, without the window! I need to take my digital camera when I go back tonight! You will be blown away, I know I am.
I can't wait to see! I remember when the study room was a gym... ah, I feel old.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg
I can't wait to see! I remember when the study room was a gym... ah, I feel old.

And I'm feeling ancient! When I was there the 2nd floor room over the foyer was the president's room and the 3rd floor room was supposed to be the study but we had two girls living in there for a while since the house was so full.

Can't wait to get an update when it is finished!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Can someone post some pictures? The Delta Iota house is the only DG house I've ever been in! And I was there before the awesome renovations w/ the gold and red stuff. It was the spring before they were to do the rennovations. it looks so awesome now. i have seen pics on the website. please share the updates!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I promise, promise, promise I will take some pics of the house tomorrow. It is looking fantastic, btw, even though the front didn't get finished before recruitment. It gave us easy lawn conversation. So many of the girls I talked to absolutely loved the house! The front is nearly finished with limestone. The other three sides were painted a similar white with future plans to add limestone. It looks fantastic! The foyer has two new huge windows which make it so much brighter, I love it! The before pic was posted in the house along with the plans and the difference is amazing.
And the study room!! So much bigger! And has two huge windows now plus blocks of tiny windows in the circular part that's below the third floor balcony. I love all the light! It was painted a nice green that's not too dark but still goes well with the red and gold that JohnsDG mentioned. Have I mentioned that I love it? We're all so grateful to the alums who worked so hard to get it for us.
Bid day is tomorrow and we haven't heard about our numbers yet (though our pref return rate was soaring!). We're all very optimistic. Quota is sixty and might be a little more than we can handle, but I think we'll be pretty much thrilled with whatever number we get. All of our fabulous helpers have told us how far we've come since last year. Okay, I am definately starting to ramble since I'm not even talking about the house any more. Hopefully I'll upload pictures tomorrow with news about our new girls!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraverage
I promise, promise, promise I will take some pics of the house tomorrow. It is looking fantastic, btw, even though the front didn't get finished before recruitment. It gave us easy lawn conversation. So many of the girls I talked to absolutely loved the house! The front is nearly finished with limestone. The other three sides were painted a similar white with future plans to add limestone. It looks fantastic! The foyer has two new huge windows which make it so much brighter, I love it! The before pic was posted in the house along with the plans and the difference is amazing.
And the study room!! So much bigger! And has two huge windows now plus blocks of tiny windows in the circular part that's below the third floor balcony. I love all the light! It was painted a nice green that's not too dark but still goes well with the red and gold that JohnsDG mentioned. Have I mentioned that I love it? We're all so grateful to the alums who worked so hard to get it for us.
Bid day is tomorrow and we haven't heard about our numbers yet (though our pref return rate was soaring!). We're all very optimistic. Quota is sixty and might be a little more than we can handle, but I think we'll be pretty much thrilled with whatever number we get. All of our fabulous helpers have told us how far we've come since last year. Okay, I am definately starting to ramble since I'm not even talking about the house any more. Hopefully I'll upload pictures tomorrow with news about our new girls!!
The house was sooo gorgeous when I came to help out!!!!

But the members, wow.... THOSE were some hot ladies!!! NYA, I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow morning!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Pictures

I have pictures of the house, but cannot get them to load in this. If someone can load them, I will send them to you.

I don't know why they won't insert.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
You have to upload them to a webpage first...like www.photobucket.com

Then right click on the picture, click properties...copy that URL (the URL to the picture) and try to post it using that.

If they are already on a page and you are having trouble linking them, PM me the page and I'll try to help out.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ImaDeeGee
ADDG,

You can send them to me if you want. I'd be more than happy to set them up so all of us eager DG's can see the pictures!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ImaDeeGee
ADDG's Delta Iota Pics!

Here are the pictures that ADDG sent over to me! The house looks stunning!!

BEFORE:

IN PROGRESS:

FINISHED!:

I love our letters in the balcony railing at the top!

ETA: Editted because I had originally thought our letters were in the glass panes. LOL Regardless, DG looks so good on that fabulous house!!

Last edited by ImaDeeGee; 08-20-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful!!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

oh it's so gorgeous!
Old 08-20-2006, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Thank you, thank you for the pix - the transformation is just stunning! Dare I ask for interior pictures sometime soon??