GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,527
0 members and 1,527 guests
No Members online

Old 07-11-2002, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Unhappy Accident

Yesterday, while at work, I had my first car accident. VERY Scary! How many other GCs have had accidents? If you want details of mine, PM me!
Old 07-11-2002, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh yea, I've been driving for 7 years and I've had 5 accidents with cars...and 2 accidents with curbs (oops). Mama and Daddy ChiOJenn aren't so pleased with this history.

Are you ok, though? I mean physically??
Old 07-11-2002, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm ok. I had a seat belt on. That was the only thing that saved me from injury. From now on, I am wearing my seat belt.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Smart girl. I wish everyone would wear their seatbelts. I'm one of those people who was deeply affected by the scary videos and pictures of accidents in high school. I'm glad you're ok.

I wrecked my car last year, when I was a senior. Five minutes from home, dropping a friend off, and this old man ran a stop sign. Spun out of control and the airbags went off and I climbed out of the car in a puff of smoke and all I wanted to do was wring that guy's neck!

I got the exact same car a month later, and everyone thought I would be creeped out by it. It was fine.

But then I had physical therapy for the rest of my senior year and that was NOT fun.

Are you sure you're ok? Did you get a checkup? Sometimes you feel okay, but you could have whiplash or something!

Oh, I remember some close calls now. After a game I was sitting in standstill traffic with my roomates and all of a sudden I was rear ended and my little car flew up like 100 feet or so. I bumped the car ahead of me. The girl I hit and I jumped out to accost the idiot who hit me and it was this little punk, probably high at the time, with no drivers license on him (or hiding it) not cooperating with us, his punk friend was mad because we were mad, and after the girl and I got the license plate number and as much info as possible, we gave up and were about to climb into our cars again, when the punk friend yelled, "What are y'all so mad about anyway? It's not like you have whiplash!" And when I heard that I jumped outta my car again and screamed at him and then had a little breakdown. That touched a raw nerve.

Last edited by ROWDYsister; 07-12-2002 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I was a little sore, but I'm good now.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Well total cars out! Da!

62 chevey, 3 Police Cars, 89 Honda, 93 Honda And variours other set tos!

hondas do not float!

VW's the old ones do!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-11-2002, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

First off, glad to know you are alright.

I've been in 5 accidents.

My first, a couple of weeks after my 16th birthday (when I got my license) I REAR-ENDED A MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!! Thankfully, I did not hurt the guy. I just tapped the end of his bike. He was still and I was going about 10 mph.

My second, I reversed into one of my good friend's cars.

My third was on my high school graduation day. After graduation, all of my family and friends headed out to this place my parents had rented and threw a party for me. Well, my cousin from Houston (who also graduated that year) was following me to the place where my party was at because he didn't know where it was at. Well, the light turned yellow and I forgot he was following me, so I sped up. He had to speed up to pass the red so that he wouldn't lose me. Well, I am looking in my rear-view mirror to make sure he is following me. When I see that he took the light, I look forward and there is this pick-up truck in front of me, STOPPED! I slammed on my breaks and when my cousin saw I had slammed on my breaks, he slammed on his. The whole front end of his car, an Acura, went underneath the bed of my pickup truck (a 1/2 ton GMC Sierra). We were all fine.

My fourth was the day I got my brand-new car. It had, what, like 10 miles on it. The car is standard and I was just getting used to driving it. I was going to the gym and decided to take my car so that I could get some practice driving standard. This was a bad mistake because at a yield sign, when I was taking off my car stalled. The guy behind me wasn't paying attention and thought I was going, so he rear-ended me! My brand new car!!! The back of my car was pretty messed up, but we were both alright though.

My fifth, my sisters and I had gone to Olive Garden. We were all in a hurry to get somewhere afterwards, don't remember, but I rear-ended one of my sisters! It did nothing to her car, but it put a dent the size of an orange in the front of my car. My front bumper has a little crack and my right headlight is a little dim.

Dang, I swear I am not a crazy driver!

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 07-11-2002 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:28 PM

Glad you're ok.

The only accident I've ever been involved in was when I got rear ended. I was on my way to work, driving down a very windy-twisty road, and I came around a corner and found that traffic was suddenly dead stopped. I slammed on the brakes and had just gotten through congratulating myself for not rear ending the guy in front of me when SLAM! Fortunately, no injuries and no damage (except to my nerves ) That road is also a school bus route, so I suspect that's why traffic was stopped.

I've had some close calls, though. I live on a dead-end street whose outlet is a blind intersection - there are no warning signs on the main road, and people speed down that road all the time. I can't begin to count the number of times stupid drivers have nearly smashed into my car - a speeding car that cannot be seen when you start to turn (esp. left) can be right on top of you by the time you're finished turning.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to archangel12
Glad to hear you are okay. Car accidents are truly scary experiences.

I've been in 2 major car wrecks. The first one a 2 ton sewage truck hit my Sunfire and crushed the poor little thing. It was a bad accident, he was going 65 in a 35 and slammed into me.

The second was a freaK accident that I don't think could ever be duplicated. I had on a high heel pair of mary jane type sling backs. The strap on the shoe got wrapped around the gas pedal. The S-10 I was driving was so ligh that as a tried to pull my foot loose it began to fish tail. I ended up hitting the hillside and rolling three times. The truck landed upside down, and was totally crushed. Needless to say I drive in Nike flip flops alot of the time.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by archangel12
Needless to say I drive in Nike flip flops alot of the time.
Wow that's ironic, I was close to rear-ending a car because my flip flop flew of my foot when I hit the brakes.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by archangel12
The second was a freaK accident that I don't think could ever be duplicated. I had on a high heel pair of mary jane type sling backs. The strap on the shoe got wrapped around the gas pedal. The S-10 I was driving was so ligh that as a tried to pull my foot loose it began to fish tail. I ended up hitting the hillside and rolling three times. The truck landed upside down, and was totally crushed. Needless to say I drive in Nike flip flops alot of the time.
this is exactly the reason unless its a loafer or a sneaker or a boot and FIRMLY on my foot-- I take off my shoes when I drive.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I'm 2 for 2...

I've been driving for about five years, and I've had two accidents. Both vehicles were totaled. One was not my fault, but the other one...well, OK, I guess it kind of was. I was lucky enough to walk away unscathed, but I've been extra careful since then--you all know what they say about the third time.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Eaglechick- Sorry about your accident, glad you wern't hurt. I've got a good car wreck story too. A couple of weeks ago on a Mon. I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry, that Fri. I was going to see my parents (2 hrs away) and show them my brand new car. Thats when I had the accident. Four days after purchacing a brand new car is when I damaged mine. I didnt get hurt and neither did the other person. Metal can easily be replaced and repaired, but sometimes people cant.

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 07-11-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your concern!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you're okay!

When I was 15 I had my first car accident. I wanted to impress my grandma with my driving skills so when my mom went to go pick up the pizza we'd ordered, I offered to drive.
So we get there and I'm driving a mini van...I decided to park inbetween two mini vans (which is really kinda tough). So I'm parking and doing an okay job (to my knowledge) when all of the sudden my mother goes....AHHHHHHH. So, I get all flustered and hit the accelerator instead of the breaks. I end up crashing into a brick pillar. THANK GOD that pillar was there or else I would have made it DRIVE THROUGH...right into their store. All I remember is some little boy standing off to the side with his ears on his head and his jaw dropped. My mom had gasped because evidentally I was extreamly close to the other minivan on her side. She couldn't even get outta the vehicle.
So...needless to say that experience has made me a very cautious driver.

Hootie