Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,418
0 members and 1,418 guests
No Members online

Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu Songbooks

I know that people selling our things on ebay is generally bad, but it's always nice when something ends up in our rightful hands.

For example:

I recently made two exciting purchases of old copies of our songbook. I got a 1932 in the mail last week, and a 1925 (?) today! They're very interesting to look at, especially because some of the songs would never fly today, being so anti-Panhel. Still, fun to read. I'm giving one copy to my best friend (also a sister) for her birthday.

SAI/Phi Mu/KKY
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

TRUE!!

I agree! There are many wonderful keepsakes on Ebay! Just the other day I won a Phi Mu Scrapbook (Bowling Green State Univ.) from the 1960s. The lady who sold it to me was also a Phi Mu and won it on Ebay about 3 years ago! I can't wait to read the newspaper articles, the event invites and look through all the photos. It's fun to read into Phi Mu history... If only there was a way to keep everything "In the Family"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklion10 View Post
They're very interesting to look at, especially because some of the songs would never fly today, being so anti-Panhel.
Anti-Panhel? Why? Was it common to be "anti-panhel" in the 20s and 30s?

Dreams do come true when your an American.
Congratulations President and Vice President Elect, Barack Obama and Joe Biden!

Last edited by pinksirfidel; 07-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it was pretty common, and I'm not sure why... it probably wasn't so much of a big deal back then; my feeling is that when girls came to college, they knew where they would end up, being legacies or whatnot.

SAI/Phi Mu/KKY
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksirfidel View Post
I agree! There are many wonderful keepsakes on Ebay! Just the other day I won a Phi Mu Scrapbook (Bowling Green State Univ.) from the 1960s. The lady who sold it to me was also a Phi Mu and won it on Ebay about 3 years ago! I can't wait to read the newspaper articles, the event invites and look through all the photos. It's fun to read into Phi Mu history... If only there was a way to keep everything "In the Family"
There is a way to "keep it in the family"....donate it to the national archives!!!!

I have many wonderful treasures and documents that are worthy of saving. A couple of years ago, I purchased 5 years of Aglaias from the 40s that the national archives did not have...and these were in pristine condition!, they jumped at the chance to get them.