GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 932
0 members and 932 guests
No Members online

Old 06-28-2001, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Post Thank you Kappa Delta!!

Recently, my uncle died of thyroid cancer. I was obviously heartbroken, but moreover, I felt like a part of me died. To cheer me up, a KD friend of mine and 3 of her sorors made me a giant sympathy card and sent condolenceses my way! I was really touched by the gesture. I've always held a special place in my heart for the ladies of Kappa Delta, now I have reason to expand that room as long as they stay as genuine, caring, and lovely as they are. Go KD!

-pirate00
Alpha Phi Omega
Kappa Upsilon-ECU

"Be a leader, be a friend, be of service."
Old 06-28-2001, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

That's awesome!!!! My sister is a Kappa Delta !

I'm so very sorry about your uncle . I'm positive that now he is in heaven, watching and smiling over you . You and your family are in my prayers!!! Keep your head up, ok?
Old 06-29-2001, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie Anne:
oh pirate00, I'm so sorry about your uncle.
Words really can never be enough to ease someone's sorrow after losing a loved one, but they are all I can offer.

I recently lost my aunt to cancer. She was such a wonderful person. The only comfort I've found is being grateful that she was a part of my life...grateful that she graced this earth with her presence. She lived a full life and was loved.

What greater thing can we ask of our lives than to be loved?

I hope that you can think of your uncle in this way and find some comfort in it.

Sending more Kappa Delta love your way and wishing you solace,

Leslie Anne
Hey Leslie Anne and pirate again ,
I recently lost my grandpa about a month ago. It was the hardest thing that I had ever experienced in my whole life. Even a few days after his passing, I was still numb - unable to totally grasp the fact that he was gone from this earth. I cried, yes. But, it was actually like four or five days later where the realization REALLY hit me that I began to just, well, "lose" it for a couple of days. I just cried and cried (unfortunately, this was during finals). Even though I was depressed for a while, it really helped me to just let it all out . I know that my friends must have been frustrated b/c even as they gave me advice, I still kept on crying - feeling hopeless. After the mourning period, though, I finally was able to think about him without crying. It really helped to remember the good times, and what he taught me, and what he will always mean to me .

I have since made a scrapbook dedicated to him - filled with pictures, thoughts, feelings - it has REALLY helped me to deal with his passing . I also have realized that when loved ones are gone, they have just gone to heaven - they are not FULLY gone from us - they are watching us and protecting us from above .

I really hope that you have been feeling better lately . I know that your Uncle (and your Aunt, Leslie Anne) would want you to be the best that you can be - and s/he is smiling, watching over you!!!!

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited June 29, 2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 11:04 AM

dear pirate,
I am sorry about your uncle. Lossing someone you love really hurts. You are in our prayers
Old 06-29-2001, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated. I'm feeling a little better since it happened, and it's nice to know that your fellow Greeks are on your side.