Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,364
1 members and 1,363 guests
John

Old 04-01-2003, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
Chapter Size

I have noticed that we're at a lot of semi-small to medium-sized colleges. I just want to know how many active members are in your chapter.

Mine is 20. . .give or take. I can never keep them straight. I missed one meeting and all of a sudden, there are 4 boxes with names on them.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, delta epsilon was up to 21, but now back down to 15 ( i think) - a few sisters went alum and a couple on special statuses 2nd semester. They started the year with 8 i believe - so they're doing pertty good!
the lowest it's ever been, since i,ve been around, was 4. When i was active the biggest it was, was 13.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DaNcEbUg83
Smile Delta Iota

My chapter is quite large...we have 70 girls but have just recieved notice that its moving up to 80. I might be wrong here, im not 100% sure that i heard right at meeting, but we do have about 70 girls right now.

LITP,
Ktbug
Old 04-01-2003, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter reached 40 ladies a few years ago. And then something happened with disaffilations and graduations, so it shrunk down to 30 something. I am an alumni now, but I think that they have 25 or more ladies.

The chapter that I advise contains roughly 40 some women. In fact, most of the Phi Sigma Sigma chapters in Maryland are around that number (40 or greater).

Jadey
Old 04-01-2003, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
two years ago, i heard that our chapter had 40+ members
and then, people thought that they had to get married
some ended up having kids
some dropped out of school
and others ended up graduating
which is how they got down to 20 members
Old 04-01-2003, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma now (after this weekend's initiation) has 26 women !! We also have one girl who has accepted her bid and is now going to be starting her new member period since the previous class has now been initiated and I'm pretty sure we will have at least 2 or 3 more girls joining her in the new class, so by the end of the semester we should have maybe 29 women ! Campus total at my school is 45 and there is only one chapter on campus who has attained that number, and they are the first to do so in about 15 or so years from what I've heard.. so having close to 30 is pretty admirable for our campus
Old 04-01-2003, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Our Chapter...Theta Mu

We have 35 women in our chapter right now. (thats including the six that will be initiated on Thursday night. woo hoo by the way) Our campus total is 35. We hit total every year, and we beg every year to raise the number but our other National sorority has been struggling with keeping sisters since their founding at Stan.
Right now they have 28 which is the most they have had in a long time. Congrats to them... oh ya and yea! to us for being the coolest I really like our chapter size too cuz we are all very close and get along very well, which I know can be done with big chapters too but I do like our size anyway.

(oh yea I know the whole if you want a higher total number then recruit more during formal... but thats a really really long story so I won't go into that.)

And no matter what the size of your chapter big or small I still Love you all!!!!!!!!!! heheee I'm a dork!

~Heather
Old 04-02-2003, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Iota Gamma is at 28 right now but is getting ready to possibly bids after Spring Break (which is this week). So keep your fingers crossed that we will be growing again.

We're the only NPC on campus so we don't have total set by the campus but we are the largest sorority on campus. most of them probaby have less then 10 members.

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 04-03-2003, 05:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phisigduchesscv
...but we are the largest sorority on campus. most of them probaby have less then 10 members.
That's being generous... Most only have two or three members!

~Beth

diokete hupsala