Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 958
0 members and 958 guests
No Members online

Old 01-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Banned

Did Alpha Phi stop doing alumni initiations?

This is a thread that is not against the rules and should not be erased. Some moderators haven't read the rules but I've got a persistent history of recreating threads that they erase for no reason and even though I didn't care before, now I do. This message is saved in a text message for quick copy-and-pasting should it disappear for no reason.

Again, let me ask:

I have heard that Alpha Phi has stopped doing alumni initiations. I don't know when they stopped and if it's still stopped or for how long if it still is.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light onto if it has and for how long...if they know or can tell us anyway. If not, that's OK too.

Perhaps those ladies that go through alumni initiation would care to know so they don't waste time either.

-Rudey
Old 01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Interesting - I hadn't heard this. It'd be a shame if they did, because it sounds like AF has gotten some great sisters through AI.

Rudey, where'd you hear this?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu
Interesting - I hadn't heard this. It'd be a shame if they did, because it sounds like AF has gotten some great sisters through AI.

Rudey, where'd you hear this?
I'd rather not say who told me. The reason I posted it on GC was to check it out. But nobody was able to tell me otherwise and my thread was erased within a day. That's just plain insulting. Someone doesn't want to talk about it? Fine. But why try and control what other people say abuse your mod rights?

Nobody even PM'd me. Several moderators have personally asked me to remove things that weren't against the rules (for example pictures of pretty girls from their chapter in that one thread) but they just didn't like it, and I did it. By going down this route, you attract a lot more attention to it.

Good luck to all those who want to pursue alumni initiation. I don't know if Alpha Phi does them anymore, but I hope you become productive members of whatever GLO you join

-Rudey
Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure that they have temporarily stopped to re-examine the system and how they can improve it.

That's all I got.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Unregistered-

I believe bruinaphi posted a valid response the first time this question was asked.

There is a reason why this discussion was removed from this forum the first time around.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

i don't know whether they did or not, but it's alpha phi's business and if they don't wish to have it discussed, then it shouldn't be.

Alumnae initiation is a form of membership selection, and things like this should be kept private and those outside of alpha phi should respect that
Old 01-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
I believe bruinaphi posted a valid response the first time this question was asked.

There is a reason why this discussion was removed from this forum the first time around.
Let me repeat something for you since you had trouble understanding.

1) She didn't say yes or no, but that's fine. If someone else can, OK. If people want to make a simple question into a big deal, good for them though.

2) This thread was not against the rules and shouldn't have been deleted. That is why it's here. There is no first or second time. It is simply here since it was removed but in one thread.

-Rudey
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
i don't know whether they did or not, but it's alpha phi's business and if they don't wish to have it discussed, then it shouldn't be.

Alumnae initiation is a form of membership selection, and things like this should be kept private and those outside of alpha phi should respect that
It's fine that you don't know and all. No moderator needs to delete the thread. Respect the rules of Greekchat. You guys turned a simple question into a whole Roswell alien incident.

-Rudey
Old 01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Unregistered-

The mods all agree that topics regarding membership selection should stay off the boards, and that's why this discussion was removed from the forum.

It wasn't deleted, it was just removed. It's not a matter of abusing mod privilieges. It's about common sense and respect for the Fraternity's membership policies.

bruinaphi does not officially speak for Alpha Phi, but I think her answer was sufficient. It's a shame that you didn't think the same. You're not going to get a straight answer simply because you're not an Alpha Phi.

I have a feeling that this too shall be removed. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
The mods all agree that topics regarding membership selection should stay off the boards, and that's why this discussion was removed from the forum.

It wasn't deleted, it was just removed. It's not a matter of abusing mod privilieges. It's about common sense and respect for the Fraternity's membership policies.

bruinaphi does not officially speak for Alpha Phi, but I think her answer was sufficient. It's a shame that you didn't think the same. You're not going to get a straight answer simply because you're not an Alpha Phi.

I have a feeling that this too shall be removed. Sorry.

Well I guess if it's in the moderators forum where people who aren't Alpha Phis can see it, then it's OK.

And I guess if talking about it here is disrespect, you guys will just disrespect Alpha Phi in there.

And since this isn't against the rules, if it's erased by any moderator I will repost it. You can all draw as much attention as you want to a simple question. If nobody had answered or if the thread was left alone it probably wouldn't be at the top of the alumni initiation forum. But OK.

-Rudey
--PS don't talk to me about shame sistah!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Unregistered-

Reposting it won't do you any good.

You're still not going to get your answer.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Reposting it won't do you any good.

You're still not going to get your answer.
That is fine.

It's great that you are so concerned about me getting my answer. You yourself do have a great record of kindness on Greekchat combined with a spirit to make all Greeks look better and I am happy that you want to see me get my answer.

The thread will be here and will be reposted if needed and it "won't do you any good" to worry so much.

-Rudey

Last edited by Rudey; 01-12-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

If you want a straight answer, I moved the thread.

The reason was not because of what you posted, but how you showed a quote by bruinalphaphi that had your little addition added to it which as usual took things out of context by the wording.

I will leave this thread for a short time and it too will be delted as it is becoming a who does and what contest.

You may feel free to keep reposting to this thing or idea, but unless you stop things like adding your little added quote to a quote, it too will be deleted.

It is your decision and only yours.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-12-2005, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I don't see why we are so sensitive about this thread...There is an AI thread that lists which orgs do and don't do AI, for reference. If any of that info has changed, it makes sense that we would want to keep it current.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
I don't see why we are so sensitive about this thread...There is an AI thread that lists which orgs do and don't do AI, for reference. If any of that info has changed, it makes sense that we would want to keep it current.
Probably because AI is a very sensitive topic, period.

I believe it was navane who asked the same question a few months ago after it was posted on the Alpha Phi IHQ website that they were currently reviewing the AI process for those seeking membership. I remember going to see for myself, and there it was. I was curious because Alpha Phi was one of the few NPCs out there who had a link that actually gave out general AI info.

Anyway, navane was given the same answer Rudey was given -- the status of Alpha Phi's AI process was priviliged info, for only their members to know. This discussion does not violate any rules, but it's the mods' prerogrative to move or delete threads they feel are inappropriate.

The answer did not confirm or deny anything, so there wouldn't be enough info to update the "Which sorority does AI?" list, until their IHQ decides to officially announce something, of course.