Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,405
2 members and 1,403 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-25-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaZeta2003
New Social Chair...Help!

I was initiated into DZ last fall, and this summer our Social Chair stepped down from her office, and I was voted in. I am wanting to really change how this past year was, socially. I'm looking for fresh and new ideas, especially since 90% of our mixers/date parties this year will be dry. I know my chapter would like to have a grafitti mixer, but can anyone help think of food, decorations, or other activities (besides signing the shirts) that will go with the theme? Please help!

P.S. Why is my signature not the way I made it? Can anyone help with that too?

~Amy~
Old 06-25-2003, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Listen, graffiti parties are awesome! Ours were never dry, but I don't think a graffiti party really needs alcohol to be good...just Hi-liters and a black light.

I've been out in the sun all day so I'm not thinking very straight right now, but if I have any more ideas I'll let you know!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Instead of a graffitti party, could you do a fingerpainting social instead? We did ours outside in the quad (a big, flat grassy strip of land on campus). That way, we didn't have to worry about being messy with the paint, or have to deal with any decorations.

The fraternity guys took their grills out there and grilled burgers and hot dogs for us. We brought the chips, non-alcoholic drinks, and condiments. It was a lot of fun, no alcohol was involved, and -- best of all -- other students passing by the quad on campus got to see us in action, which was great for our PR.

Good luck!