» Online Users: 889
0 members and 889 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2002, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to sigmachica
Wink Sista find me a Mista socials

Hey everyone!
I remember reading in here about socials find, sista find me a mista! Well for our crush social this year we are going to be doing this theme and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestoins for this, since this is the first crush social we as a chapter are organizing! ESPECIALLY ideas for tshirts. We want to give tshirts to all the mistas with a cute saying or picture on it and was wondering if anyone had any ideas! anything would be greatly appreciated!
Erica Brown
Tri-Sigma Social co-chair
Epsilon Kappa Chapter
Old 10-07-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, this may be TOTALLY lame, but I think it could be kind of cute to do the shirt like a "Where's Waldo?" thing...
Old 10-07-2002, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
gamma phi on our campus has a crush party every spring or so. i remember one of their shirts were really cute. it was a Crush Soda logo (you know, the orange soda from when you were little...) and it said like "it isn't love, it is lust, settle down boys, it's just a gamma phi crush." and the soda logo was on the front or something.
another one they had was a baseball theme. there was a baseball diamond on the back and it said "i went home with a gamma phi." and the event title was on the front.

those are the two i remember.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter does this event every year...we have ours in two weeks Each sister writes down about 5 or 6 guys that she's noticed or has a "crush"on and then writes a sister who would know this guy. The sister she puts is contacted about getting the guy to attend the event, and each girl is suprised with one of the guys on her list, but only one. This year ours is right before halloween so we're going to a corn maze, pumpkin patch, and hayride place.....a really cute idea. It's just like a crush party idea, but more of a blind date type thing. We've had some really cute t-shirts in the past: "We're just lookin' for some good ole' boys" This year they say "He may not be Mr. Right, but he's Mr. Tonight" The only problem is....actually finding your Mister

Hope this helps a little.If you have any more questions..PM me
Old 10-07-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a crush party last spring and had the cutest shirts for it...they were orange and had the Crush logo on the back, and underneath that it said "We're not players we just crush a lot"....It was so cute!
Old 10-07-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I read the original post wrong... I thought you just wanted an idea for the shirts. Anyway, if this is your chapter's first experience with this sort of party, you could always do the classic "My Tie." I am sure it is explained on a dozen threads but here is a quick synopsis so you don't have to go searching...

Each girl is paired up with a close friend in the chapter. They find dates for each other but they don't tell the guy who he would be going with. When he agrees, he gives one of his ties to the matchmaker... she gives it to the girl but doesn't tell him who the guy is either. When the girls arrive at the party, they wear the ties. The guy has to find his tie and introduce himself, etc... and then he is her date for the evening. Usually tropical themed decorations with pineapples and leis and stuff... There are many variations to this party.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

We had one last year, but we called it "Screw Your Roomate" since we have a dorm floor and at least half the sisters live on it. The off campus sisters got matched up with another sister if they wanted. Everyone ended up finding out except for our president and tons of girls were in on it. She thought she was going with her ex-bf and she ended up getting matched up with her huge crush. You could use the slogan, "I got screwed by XYZ."