GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,527
3 members and 1,524 guests
Cookiez17, Happy Alum, John

Old 02-10-2009, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

How do you become an Alumnae Initiate?

hey i'm an AOII and so are my two older sisters. i want my mom to become an AOII because i just heard somewhere that she can be an alumnae initiate. i was wondering how about we go doing this?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Look at your sorority's website or ask your Executive Office, they'll know what the procedure is for AOII.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Look at your sorority's website or ask your Executive Office, they'll know what the procedure is for AOII.
http://greekchat.com/gcforums/announcement.php?f=208

Please be sure to read the information given in the AOPi section.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIstacey View Post
hey i'm an AOII and so are my two older sisters. i want my mom to become an AOII because i just heard somewhere that she can be an alumnae initiate. i was wondering how about we go doing this?
Stacey, Are you a collegiate or alumna member of AOII? Talk to your chapter (collegiate or alum) president about the possibility of AI'ing your mother. You'd probably also want to discuss this with your sisters. If you go to the AOII website, log into the sister only section, and look for AI in the search section. The requirements and procedure are outlined in detail for you. Good luck! I've thought about having my mom AI, but I think I'd be more interested in it than her so I haven't proceeded.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I view AI as the ultimate compliment, an acknowledgement of shared values, and an enormous thank you extended to a non-member who has above and beyond the norm in showing a committment to an organization she is not a member of. I don't believe it should be bestowed on someone simply because it would be cool if we were all sisters.

Please know I am not suggesting the OP's mother would not be a deserving candidate, only that too often I see AI tossed around far too casually for my taste. It is also not something anyone (AI PNM?) should pursue, rather it is a gift that a chapter should grant only to those rare individuals who have proven themselves to be truly worthy and committed to the success of our sisterhood.