GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,287
1 members and 1,286 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 07-11-2000, 01:53 PM
rosebud

Post Dealing with greek enemies

Has anybody had an experience with chapter enemies. For example, a person that did not receive a bid from your group, a member of a rival sorority or school, an indepentant, etc. There was this case where a guy who had been turned down by at least one fraternity tried to date two sisters in the same sorority. When he failed, he threatened to call National and tell them that the girls were hazing and making the pledges drink. The girls didn't think much of it, until he did call. There was no hazing or RM violations going on but Nationals did have to investigate the matter and it put a lot of stress on the chapter from Nationals and from the school (the guy went to Student Conduct as well). Does anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with this kind of problem.
Old 07-11-2000, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Wink

If someone is spreading rumors about your chapter and all it's doing is adding stress to your organization, then I wouldn't let it bother you. That's exactly what this person wants to see happen, just ignore it and it will eventually go away. If it continues to be a problem, speak to your greek advisor and they'll give you some advice, probably get the police involved if there is any violent threats going on. If this was a situation for a fraternity, and I've seen it happen a few times, the problem usually get solved quickly. I don't believe in violence, but when someone looks for trouble, I'm sorry but I have no pity when he's getting his ass kicked. If you're looking for an alternative quick solution, talk to one of the fraternities you guys are close with and see if they'll help you out. I'm not suggesting a hit on the guy, but perhaps they could persuade him to get a life and leave you guys alone.

RUgreek
Old 07-12-2000, 07:06 AM
Anniebell

Exclamation

My school is VERY small and this happens all the time...our groups fight like cats and dogs. Every other minute one frat is rushing another frats house, or one sorority is calling the Nationals of another sorority. It is SO childish and ridiculous! At rush one year, we got huge fines because a prospective walked off our hall with a wadded up napkin in her hand. She had sneezed and grabbed a napkin and then inadvertently walked out with it. All the other chapters were right on top of us calling their Nationals, calling ours, etc...accusing us of cheating and stuff. What's sad is that we knew (and she knew) we couldn't even bid on this girl because her grades didn't meet our requirement! Our grade minimum is common knowledge, so these other groups also KNEW we couldn't bid on her! Didn't matter...anything to cause trouble! This is why I hate to see soro's and frats yelling at each other in public, on campus, wherever. They may or may not be kidding around, either way it looks to outsiders like none of us can get along! I'm all for loyalty to my organization, but I'd never call someone out in public who belongs to a different soro. Just my change in the bucket!
Old 07-12-2000, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, Anniebell, that is a very sad story. People can be so ridiculous sometimes. I was just wondering if you could tell us what happened when your Nationals was called? Did they act on it, or did they realize that it was a smiple mistake? How did the other sorority Nationals and your school handle the incident?

Just curious as usual!