GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,193
0 members and 1,193 guests
No Members online

Old 05-18-2002, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Crying

I thought of this after reading about everyone crying during the Friends episode. Do you ever cry for no reason? Or a dumb reason? I cry so easily, especially lately. Everytime my ex calls me (we're still really good friends), I cry. I started crying at his friends house last nite cuz he called me. I cry to his friend all the time about the dumbest and littlest things. I have a sister who cries seriously about nothing. The littlest thing sets her off. The funniest is when one of our girls was tellin us about how her boyfriend broke up wtih her, and she started crying!

So how about u guys?

KLTC
Old 05-18-2002, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Sappy commercials, lol!
Old 05-18-2002, 11:26 AM

I was at work the other day. I work as the community relations chair for a corporation. My manager asked me to do some research on the Make-a-Wish Foundation website. I started reading through some of the children's stories and other things. My eyes to started to well-up with tears and I had a huge knot in my throat. I had to excuse myself and ran to the bathroom where I proceeded to cry for 10 minutes straight. It was so embarrassing cause all the ladies would come walking into the restroom and hear someone sobbing and they were all like, "Sweetie, are you ok?" I never usually tear up like that. Probably PMS or something.
Old 05-18-2002, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Nothing wrong with it.

it means you dont have any walls and can get to your emotions relatively easy. Be grateful. Not all of us can.

My dad died 10 years ago and I never cried for him. I couldnt. I have done a lot of self analysis and reading and medatating on the issue over the last 6 months and now am beginning to mourn his loss. I have cried more for him in the last 3 weeks than I ever have cried for anything in my life. I am so very thankful, because this means I am finally dealing with it and can come to terms with the loss. primarly I get a bit teary on the drive home from work, thats when I do a lot of meditation (traffic is good for something).

I have had to work my ass of to get here to be able to cry, you can do it easily. be grateful and dont be ashamed.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

There is nothing wrong with getting teary eyed!

I get teary at the drop of a hat if it touches my heart and mind!

I get that way when I used to go to movies and still do at seeing something sad on TV! I hate Funerals as always do!

I used to get sick at seeing blood, but over it being a COP! I had to! I had to steel myself for it!

i will never steel myself for saddness done to or by someone to someone else!

I cry a little everytime I hear of a young life lost who is a or wants to become a Greek Memeber!

I am frosty on teh outside but a sofy on teh inside!

Damn I have a hard time with the.s!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-18-2002, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I am pretty funny.

I will cry at any sad movie or tv show. However, when it comes to something sad occuring withing my family or with friends, it takes a while longer to cry. It may be denial at first, not sure.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
I am pretty funny.

I will cry at any sad movie or tv show. However, when it comes to something sad occuring withing my family or with friends, it takes a while longer to cry. It may be denial at first, not sure.
I'm like that too. I will cry at things that don't touch me personally, but if something really upsets me it seems like it is too big or something to express with tears. I thought I was the only one like that!
Old 05-19-2002, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes I just start crying for no reason, and then I can't stop. I think of all the things that are bothering me or making me sad. But after I get it all out, I feel refreshed and have a much clearer mind. It's strange, and a lot of people don't understand, but if makes you feel so much better sometimes.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it was last week on the radio, a lady called in to respond to the jokes they were telling the day before. She said that she had lost a baby to SIDs a few months ago but hadn't really cried about it. Then the day before, the DJ told a joke and she laughed so hard she cried and then was able to cry for her baby. Throughout the day when she thought of the joke she was able to laugh/cry which made her feel better. When I first heard the joke, at first I didn't get it, until a little while down the road, it was like a light bulb went on and I went "Duh!!!"

Here's the joke....

What did the little fish say when it ran into a concrete wall??

Dam!
Old 05-19-2002, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I swear crying is hereditary! My mom is a sap and will tear up an almost everything. I think it's because of her kind heart...but I get all teary eyed at commercials (the one that gets me is the oreo commercial where the dad and the daughter share the oreo). I'll cry because of songs, I'll cry because I'll smell something and it reminds me of someone I love...and I get especially emotional around "that time of the month".
But, ya know...crying isn't necessarily a bad things. It reminds us we're human and how feelings are precious and important!
Hootie
Old 05-20-2002, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Yep, I'm a big baby. I swear to God I cry at everything...

For example, yesterday my little sister in my sorority was getting lavaliered by a guy in my husbands fraternity and since I have been lavaliered I was allowed to attend the ceremony. Before she got there they asked me and my husband to stand in so they could do a quick run through and I was just about ready to start crying but luckily somebody cracked a joke that made me laugh instead.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Oh I cry at almost anything...anything from sad tv shows-to movies-to songs-to stories-really anything But hey I have an excuse...I'm a girl (that is what my boyfrined tells me )

Ronnie
Old 05-20-2002, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I cry for everything...
*when the Dance marathon kids were talking about their illnesses
*when Rachel gave birth on "Friends"
*after I broke up with my boyfriend and heard "When a Man Loves a Woman" on the radio
*when I was watching rush videos during round three (I didn't even know the girls, but I was just so touched!)

Those are just little things...when something actually happens, I'm inconsolable for awhile. It's nice to know there are a lot of you fellow saps out there, too.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

OK, I cry at funerals for the person who has died. . .

But I REALLY lose it when I see all the people who have come to pay their respects. I mean, I get really touched and begin SOBBING when I see everyone and think "Wow, look at all these people who cared enough to take time out of there day and be here". My husband's sister died a year ago before we were married. I didn't really KNOW her, wasn't close by any means, and her death was somewhat of a blessing as well (the end of lots of heartache and suffering for the whole family, etc.) So, I didn't really cry about her death. But I just began WEEPING when everyone lined up to take communion during her funeral service (Episcopalian). It just touched me that all of those people came because they were friends of the family, not necessarily her.

Surprisingly, during high school, it was hard to get me to cry. Never cried during sappy movies, etc. Sometime my senior year, I saw a Kleenex commercial and it made me cry. I have no idea why, or what changed. I do know that I am now a better person because I'm not so "stiff and guarded"
Old 05-22-2002, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I cry when I have to do multiple euthanasias in one day, or when I have to put a puppy or kitten to sleep that could be saved.
I cry at my job all the time, usually secretly in the bathroom-I have to or I would go crazy.

I also cry when I am putting an animal to sleep with the owner present. Sometimes the owners will start telling me about how their dog use to fetch his or her houseslippers or something like that-I just start balling in the room-happens all the time