Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,085
0 members and 1,085 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2003, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUKapper
Lightbulb Little gift ideas

Hey ya'll. I'm going to be taking a little and it's my first time. I was hoping to get some great gift ideas from everyone. Also, I'd like to not spend a whole bunch of money so that makes things a little bit more difficult. Thanks everyone!!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
oh goody! a beta upsilon! i'm an alpha iota. i was in the group that voted to close our chapter.

anyhow, great to have you on the board. all i have to say about low budget when getting a little is "paint pens." get a few and use them to write on everything. go to walmart and get the little plastic containers and write on them. also, glass stuff is great to write on. secondly, candy and candles are great.

hope it goes well!

shelley j
sigma k
Old 09-30-2003, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

The other thing you can do that is really cheap is buy fake flowers(purple to look like violets of course) from the craft store, not a big stem but the little stems that are like 30 cents a piece pull the flowers off and glue them to things, it dresses up ordinary things a lot. The big gift here is a bulletin board buy a cheap one paint and put her name One heart, one way whatever, then you can glue flowers around it or just in the corner. or you can glue the flowers to a push pin and then she will have violet push pins, if this doesn't make since let me know.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IrishSigKap
'Lil Gifts...

Hey, I go to BG and for our 'lils we go to Michael's and get like the unfinished wood stuff(there's a whole aisle) and paint them with the little bottles of lavendar and maroon paint. They have cute little boxes to make pin boxes out of, make her a family tree, get a little ceramic flower pot and put silk violets in it. Then you just buy like a big wooden laundry basket(they're like $5) and run maroon and lavender ribbon through it...throw everything in and you're good to go...Have fun taking 'lils...I'm way excited too!!!...

Erin
Sigma Kappa Sorority
Theta Upsilon Chapter
One Heart, One Way...
Old 09-30-2003, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUKapper
Thanks guys! All you're ideas are great and I'm sure I'll use many if not all of them. I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes and what I do end up getting her.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

we just had our reveal on friday. everyday last week was a theme like candy, remember sk, sigma kappa day, and inspiration day. buckets of candy, cork boards, frames, and just a lot of personal crafts is always good to give. then for reveal we made matching tshirts and they had a car key to find us. we were all hiding in the car and suprised them when they found us. it was so much fun and my lil sadly wasnt there, but i will decorate her dorm door and tell her im her big. so much fun