1 members and 1,078 guests
aggieAXO

Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

19 year old steals bus, picks up passengers, and crashes

I still want to know how he managed to get a uniform....LOL

link

WASHINGTON -
A 19-year-old DC man, stole a Metrobus, drove it from Bladensburg to Anacostia, and began picking up passengers. But after he crashed the bus into a tree, he let his riders get off, and took off again, before being stopped by police and fleeing on foot. He was finally arrested a few blocks away.

Police say the suspect might have a fascination with buses and this was a way of fulfilling that dream by taking a bus on a joyride.

The suspect is not a Metro employee, police said, but he entered Metro's Bladensburg bus facility wearing a bus operator's uniform, boarded a bus, and drove it out of the lot

After he hit a tree in the District at 17th Street and Massachusetts Avenue, SE, around 4:15 p.m., Friday, the suspect drove away, police said. A witness to the accident called 911

"I heard a loud big boom and once I came outside, I seen a bus crashed into the tree," said Shakita Engram, a DC resident

But the biggest surprise came after the collision.

"Then he let like seven or eight passengers off the bus and after that he proceeded to back up as if he was gonna park, and he just pulled off.

"I thought he was a trainee or something," she said. "From what I found out, he wasn't even a bus driver at all."

DC Police stopped the bus at 14th Street and Potomac Avenue, SE. The suspect fled on foot, but was caught and arrested two blocks away.

William Jackson, 19, was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle and fleeing an accident, according to police.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

lol!

I have to laugh because I was just in DC last month and no one was hurt!