GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,161
0 members and 1,161 guests
No Members online

Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Beta Gamma/Kappa Delta

Kappa Delta is colonizing at Franklin and Marshall College...does anyone know if they are simply taking over Kappa Beta Gamma? There was rumor that they wanted to associate with an NPC. Congrats to KayDee on a new chapter!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

They are absorbing the KBG chapter which sought NPC affiliation.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Great news for Kappa Delta.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to Kappa Delta!

However, it seems like KBG is getting smaller! I wonder if the remaining chapters will be absorbed by an NPC national?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskneesa View Post
Congrats to Kappa Delta!

However, it seems like KBG is getting smaller! I wonder if the remaining chapters will be absorbed by an NPC national?
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...&postcount=512

According to this, they're are focused on continuing their plans to expand.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

The Franklin Marshall chapter of Kappa Delta was installed this past week-end.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

It was a beautiful ceremony and banquet. One of the initiate's mother's is a KD and so she came in to pin her daughter with her gorgeous diamond, emerald, and pearl badge!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

ta kala, how many ladies were initiated? Was it just the members of KBG or were others as well? I understand Ripon is next weekend.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this...

But, does anyone else see a problem with this? The Franklin & Marshall chapter of KBG is only a few years old-excuse me, was only a few years old. And, they disaffiliated from the their national, which, I mean, is a small sorority, but still--only to affiliate with Kappa Delta.

And, this is the second chapter to do so--the first affiliated with KKG.

I just find it disrespect of the founders, rituals, vows....everything for KBG. What kind of loyalty does that breed for those newest members of Kappa Delta? And, what does that show for Kappa Delta?

It's been said on here before, by 33girl and I'll say it again. Just because your vows aren't to an NPC sorority doesn't make them disposable.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I see a problem with this...but then again, my mom's a KBG alum from the LUC Chapter which affilated with KKG last year. To me if you pledge your loyalty to a sisterhood then drop it to join a bigger one....well, how loyal are you, really?

FWIW, I will say I believe the ladies at F&M were more honest about looking to join an NPC chapter than their former LUC sisters. From what I've heard, the F&M KBG sisters told their nationals they were looking to affilate elsewhere before it happened. They kept everything above-board and honorable, and I'm sure they'll be a fantastic addition to the KD sisterhood. The LUC KBG chapter (which, by the way, was over 40 years old) didn't clue their National in to the fact that they were trying to leave until after the fact. That's not right.

If BootyKBG is still around, I'm sure she'll have a lot more first-hand info about this, and I, for one, would be interested in her thoughts on this.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's remember that the F&M girls did ask permission from KBG to be released, as opposed to the LUC group. I doubt they would have wanted to go through with it if they hadn't gotten KBG's approval (considering the bit of a mess that was caused with the LUC chapter).

I also would be interested in any KBG's thoughts about this and how they as a national are handling this (like are they upset, etc). I also wonder if they are looking at this and wondering why it is that their chapters are becoming interested in other orgs (and maybe looking into it).

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
FWIW, I will say I believe the ladies at F&M were more honest about looking to join an NPC chapter than their former LUC sisters. From what I've heard, the F&M KBG sisters told their nationals they were looking to affilate elsewhere before it happened. They kept everything above-board and honorable, and I'm sure they'll be a fantastic addition to the KD sisterhood. The LUC KBG chapter (which, by the way, was over 40 years old) didn't clue their National in to the fact that they were trying to leave until after the fact. That's not right.
Yes, I do agree and am glad that at least they had enough dignity to admit that they were seeking NPC affiliation.

The bigger issue I see with it is the loyalty of those sisters that were just initiated. They have not proven any sort of loyalty to KBG by doing what they did. If being apart of a large, well established NPC chapter was important to you, why didn't you join an NPC in the first place? What kind of loyalty will they have to KD? I hate when women join chapters just to disaffiliate later and I guess the bigger issue I see is KD assisting the chapter in their endeavors.

Initiation is initiation no matter if it's NPC and I'll always have respect for that.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
I hate when women join chapters just to disaffiliate later and I guess the bigger issue I see is KD assisting the chapter in their endeavors.
I'm fairly sure that KD made sure that they had been released by KBG before they moved forward with the process. I doubt they would've without it. I don't believe there was any wrongdoing on KD's part.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, no, KSU, I wasn't saying KD had done anything wrong at all.

What I'm trying to say is--essentially, these women joined KBG and turned in their badges (when they asked to be released) only to re-affiliate with Kappa Delta. And, I when I said that Kappa Delta was assisting them, I meant that by going on with the colonization, Kappa Delta was assisting the women in turning away from KBG. Make sense?

I just hate it when women affiliate and then turn in their badges, is all.