Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,348
4 members and 1,344 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Recommendations: HELP!

Hi,

A very nice young lady has contacted me regarding a recommendation and I have agreed to write one for her. She is going through recruitment at a very competitive school. I am not an alum of her chapter.

I have written a rec before, but it was for a girl I knew, and it was no biggie. They are not required at the school we attended.
Is there a specific form I am to use? She has sent me her info as well as a pic.

I also let her know to get in touch with the chapter and they will put her in touch with someone. I would really like to help her out and just want to know exactly what i need to do to ensure her the best possible chance!

OleMissGlitter...anyone...help!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Here you go...

http://www.alphaomicronpi.org/content/wheremif.html

To obtain a copy of our Membership Information Form and Legacy Form (MIF) please check your Spring Issue of To Dragma, or log on to our Sisters Online web site to download a PDF of the form. You may also contact AOII HQ by phone at (615) 370-0920.

Don't worry about not being an alumna of that chapter. The best thing to do is have her contact the Alumnae Panhellenic Association in her town (http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae/a_directory.php) or the school's Greek Affairs/Life Office. Since it is so close to recruitment, chapters may be under Silence and cannot speak to PMs outside of formal events.

Good luck. I've got a cutie rushing at LSU and I sure wish AO was still active.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks aopirose!!!!

After looking in the most recent To Dragma I have decided to use the Membership info form.

I am unsure as to what to put on the rec. section, however, as i want to be as honest as possible. I have corresponded with her and gotten to know her through that method, but I don't know her personally, of course. I will check that I don't know her personally, but do I check other as i ndo not know her through clergy, etc.? What should I put beside other???

I have sent her the link for the directory. I will be sending my rec. Will it hurt her chances if it is so impersonal/from someone she does not know?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Recommendations: HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by rosejoy
Hi,

A very nice young lady has contacted me regarding a recommendation and I have agreed to write one for her. She is going through recruitment at a very competitive school. I am not an alum of her chapter.

I have written a rec before, but it was for a girl I knew, and it was no biggie. They are not required at the school we attended.
Is there a specific form I am to use? She has sent me her info as well as a pic.

I also let her know to get in touch with the chapter and they will put her in touch with someone. I would really like to help her out and just want to know exactly what i need to do to ensure her the best possible chance!

OleMissGlitter...anyone...help!!!

Hey Rosejoy, PM me with what school she is going to and I might be able to get an alumna from her chapter to help write it...I can also send you an MIF too...