GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,510
0 members and 1,510 guests
No Members online

Old 02-07-2003, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Advice?

Hi everybody... I don't really know where to start, so let me give you some background information first. Sorry if it's long!

My school does rush very differently than anything I've read here. We have 2 NPC sororities and the rest are NPHC, local, and multicultural. We never have formal rush - instead, each group has 3 or 4 nights spread over about 2 weeks where interested girls can go meet the sisters and find out about the organizations.

I've been wanting to join a sorority since I was a freshman(I'm technically a senior now, although I'm a year behind due to changing my major so many times), but I'm REALLY shy and haven't found the courage until this semester. There was only one I was really interested in because I sort knew a couple of the girls and I've only heard good things about them. I went to 3 out of the 4 rush events and I thought it went really well. I was the only rushee there, and all the girls told me how happy they were that I was there. I told them from the beginning how shy I was and they told me I was in the right place because a girl who had joined last semester wouldn't talk to anyone at first, but they were slowly breaking her out of her shell.

Long story short, I thought I really hit it off with a few of the girls and the New Member Educator gave me her number in case I had any questions. At the last rush(Jan. 29th), she took down my number and told me someone would be in contact with me within a week to discuss what happens next. Well, this Wednesday came and I still hadn't heard anything so I gave her a call(I found out my answering machine was broken, so I wanted to give her my cell phone number and just find out what was going on). She wasn't there, but her roommate(also one of the sisters) answered, remembered me, and said they had just spoken about having someone call me. I explained the situation, gave her my cell number and was told that the NME would call me as soon as she got in.

That was now 2 days ago and I still haven't received a phone call or an e-mail(the president has my address) or anything. Should I assume this means that they don't want me to join? Should I keep waiting? Or should I try to get in touch with them again? I don't want to appear desperate or annoying, but it would be nice to know where I stand.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I say give it one or two more days... then call again... They should let you know either way, so no news could be good news !GOOD LUCK !!
Old 02-09-2003, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been going crazy from the suspense, so I e-mailed the president yesterday afternoon. I just asked her what was going on and let her know that I was still very interested. She e-mailed me back and apologized, telling me that there were too many girls missing from their last meeting so they didn't get to discuss anything, but they will on Tuesday. She said that she would definitely call me on Wednesday and that she was glad to know that I was interested because all the girls said I was really nice. She said that's a good thing, so hopefully it all works out. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2003, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up hang in....

but don't go to sleep.
keep in touch.
you are totally right in calling and totally right in the tone you are taking.
don't let yourself be forgotten...
guess what, you are already coming out of your shy shell...
yep you are.
now send us some good news soon.
lol