GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,591
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,223
2 members and 1,221 guests
Cookiez17, Mr. Doom

Old 06-14-2001, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Arabesque Books (BET ROMANCE NOVELS)

As I have already stated I am addicted to reading anything with words. But most of all I am addicted to black romance novels to fill my time. I am fairly fast reader and when I am not reading Terri or E. Lynn or Dickey I like to read an Arabesque book to fill the time between finding another more seriously themed book. My Favorite is Fire and Ice. Most recently it starred Lark Voorhees and Kadeem Hardison, on BET. Besides being alright reads, the cover usually have very attractive men on the cover and Black women of all shapes, sizes and complexions.

*What romance novels does GC like? If any, and WHY?*
Old 06-14-2001, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TempleAlum1993
Cool

I loooooove this series. My favorite authors are Donna Hill, Rochelle Alers and Francis Ray. You are right they are nice quick reads. I have been a fan since they first started coming out over four years ago.

PS....I don't know where you purchase but Target has them at a discount and booksamillion.com has them at a nice discount too!

Happy Reading
Old 06-14-2001, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Ladies,

I too LOVE TO READ Speaking of Francis Ray, Rochelle Alers, Donna Hill whom I all love. They have have a new anthology out. If any of you read Rosie's Curl and Weave, Della's House of Style and Welcome to Leo's, you will love their latest entitled GOING TO THE CHAPEL. I picked it up on Sunday and I am 3/4 complete with the book and it is great but instead of Brenda Jackson, Gwynne Forster has been added to the lineup.

Francis Ray also has a wonderful book out called THE TURNING POINT. It was a fabulous read.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Also check out Nothing but the Rent by Sharon Mitchell, she is also the author of Sheer Necessity. And don't forget about Della's House of Style

[This message has been edited by reddnhott2020 (edited June 15, 2001).]
Old 06-26-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TempleAlum1993
Smile

I just finished both "Going to the Chapel" and "The Turning Point". Both were good.

I HATED "Nothing but the Rent" nuf said but "Shear Necessity" was okay.

I read "The BAP Handbook" over the weekend. (funny read; especially the list of acceptable and unacceptable BAP names)

I'm starting "Cane River" (Even though it is an Oprah pick....most of the books she picks aren't interesting to me) AND waiting for booksamillion to deliver "Between Lovers" (Eric Jerome Dickey)
Old 06-26-2001, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Sheer Necessity was better than Nothing but the Rent, she took to long to develop the plot. Between Lovers is great, as are Milk in my coffee, Cheaters, Liar's game and Friends and Lovers.
Has anyone read Maintenance Man?
Old 06-26-2001, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

In the Arabesque series, there is a writer who is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha. Her name is Leslie Esdale and her first book was called Sundance. I'm pretty sure that it was in the Arabesque series.

It was good for a romance novel (i'm not a fan of romance). Anyway, Miss Leslie (i call her that because I grew up around her and y'all know how it is) is a really nice person and a really good writer. I recommend Sundance to all of you. She has written another book as well, but I don't know the name.