GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,318
1 members and 1,317 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Earning a bid in one night?!

Okay so to begin, our rush period is only three days long. That's the sucky part.

So this weekend I was participating in all the Kappa Sigma activities. Cool. But I found that I really don't click with any of the guys there. Just not my fit. So it's Sunday and there's only room left for one rush event this evening which is a dinner at the Lambda Chi Alpha house. Now I know that Lambda doesn't do pledging which I'm okay with, but I really want to know if just going to this one dinner tonight (it's from 7-10) would be enough for them to get to know me to invite me to the preference dinner tomorrow night? I feel like they're the house for me, but is one night enough for them to get to know me? And how big is the preference dinner in all of this? Does that even matter in the big scheme of things? THANKS!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It can be done, usually at pretty bad houses or where you already know EVERYONE there in my experience. However I'm also used to campuses with full week rush, so it probably just depends on your school.