Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,142
0 members and 1,142 guests
No Members online

Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to blueyedalphaxi
Philanthropy Ideas

Does anyone have Philanthropy ideas? I'm the Philanthropy Chair for my chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.

I have to complete my Philanthropy calendar for the fall this summer and would like some help coming up with ideas. I have a few, but could all the help I could get. I need ideas that involove working with or for children of all ages (babies to high school).

If you have any ideas let me know!!! Thanks
Old 05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedalphaxi View Post
Does anyone have Philanthropy ideas? I'm the Philanthropy Chair for my chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.

I have to complete my Philanthropy calendar for the fall this summer and would like some help coming up with ideas. I have a few, but could all the help I could get. I need ideas that involove working with or for children of all ages (babies to high school).

If you have any ideas let me know!!! Thanks
After school tutoring? We did that in the St. Louis area though I don't remember details. It would give you at least Kindergarten and up. It's hard to find volunteer jobs that will let you work with infants, most of those require background checks and other regulations, they're more long term positions.

Maybe you guys could run a nursery service for a local church/organization. Someplace where people can leave their kids while they attend a service or meeting, and pick them up when they come back? Still hard to do.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ladybug3622
a couple of ideas

My sorority has a womanless beauty pageant we get business to buy ads for our program and the boys that enter the pageant has to play a ten dollar entry fee. We have a talent portion and a formal wear. It is really fun and the guys really get into it. even some of the professer do this!

Phi Mu does a trick a treat for change and goes to people’s house on Halloween and asks for donations.

Sigma Pi has ooze ball- volley ball in the mud. They get teams to enter for a $20 fee or more maybe? And get people to sponsor them and put their business on their shirts. And the Champs Team all a free get a t-shirt and a trophy for the team.

Alpha Sigma Tau- does a rock a thon on Campus and they have karaoke and people donate one and rock with them.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ladybug3622
another idea

We also went to the local nursing home and/or living assistance place and played bingo with them a few days out of the week! They really enjoyed it and we would bring prizes like bananas or hard candy something they would like!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

one thing that my fraternity did was coach a little-league baseball team. it got us a lot of community service hours and more importantly, name recognition throughout the campus and city.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

At my fraternity, Pi Lambda Phi, at Penn State. Since our Philanthropy is the March of Dimes, we're doing a event called "The Mile of Dimes". Pretty much we land a strip of dimes on the road and when people walk by they can put whatever change they want except pennies.

"Not Four Years But a Lifetime..."

Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Since it's close to halloween, you can have a halloween party. Maybe find an after school program and coordinate with the owner/manager and bring snacks, games, etc.

Or how about a food drive with an elementary school. Have the kids help.

Xmas - collect toys (partner with Toys for Tots)