GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,371
1 members and 1,370 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-20-2004, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CCUSigma123
Angry i need to VENT!

Hello all.... Im a sister of Tri Sigma at Coastal Carolina University. We recently went through our formal recruitment and had LOW LOW LOW numbers. WHY?! Because the OTHER 2 sororities on campus insisted on talking TRASH about us to the PNM's during RUSH. They told them that Tri Sigma never goes out, they dont party, and they dont allow their new girls to talk to boys, or ( get this) WALK ON GRASS for the whole semester! How ludicris is THAT? Normally, I would think of this as a bad rumor, but i found OUT about it because a PNM came to our room during RUSH and asked me if all of that was true. When I told her no, she proceeded to tell me which sororities told her what. Needless to say, our sorority is now handling that situation the way that it should be handled. But the outcome of these rumors? We got 2 girls on bid day. 2 girls. Granted, they are WONDERFUL awesome women, but, the reason we only had 2 was because of these nasty rumors in which the other sororities insist on spreading about us. Luckily, we HAVE picked up about 10 girls through COB's, so we are doing just fine. I just thought I would let you all know what went on during our recruitment, and how scandalous other sororities can be, just so that they can reach quota! GRR!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Oh ... Sister!
I completely understand. The university I used to go to had such a bad problem with that kind of thing! Not only would thye talk trash about ALL the other sororities during recruitment but they would do it at all other times too! Even during panhellenic meetings. This year the dirty rushing was so bad that 2 sororities had their social privaledges taken away because they had so many recruitment infractions. Thankfully they were not Tri-Sigma!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

You know I heard about that from one of your sisters real sister in my chapter. Just love those 2 to death, give them the BEST NM period EVER! Just work EXTRA hard @ showing the cmmunity that those things aren't true about you and you'll probably get tons of girls through informal/COB.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmathreebaby Send a message via Yahoo to sigmathreebaby
I'm from the gamma psi chapter and the same thing happened to us this semester. We were doing so good and we thought for sure that we had at least 8 girls in the bag..then the last pref party they went to that particular sorority told them we had "internal problems" all those girls rushed the hill in their bid day shirt and we got three girls...3!!! so i completely understand

SLAM