GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,472
2 members and 1,470 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 08-18-2004, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumni Chapters

I was interested to see how many of you girls are involved with your local alumni chapters and what you think about them. The one in my area has been dormant, but with the emergence of our chapter we've gotten the alumni chapter president to start trying to open it up again!

thanks!
heart, jessica
Old 08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

our alumnae chapter is growing every year and they are becoming more and more of a help to us. In fact..I don't think we could survive recruitment without them!!!! I honestly hope that our alums become more involved and keep enjoying their sisterhood and sharing it with us as advisors etc. I think one of the best parts about being greek is having a special connection with all women who wear your letters, not just your sisters in the chapter.

...but then I'm one of those super mushy greek idealists, I'm sure alot of my GC sisters are too!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm very involved in my local alumnae chapter! I was president year before last and am currently our panhellenic delegate/panhellenic treasurer.

I LOVE being in our group...it's so wonderful to see sisterhood that spans so many years! One of our members was initiated in 1937 and is still active! Talk about steadfast! It's amazing to have this connection with women who are old enough to be my grandmother. I'll never forget when I introduced a woman who is a golden-violet to a coworker here and he looked at me a bit odd when I said, "this is my friend..."

Okay...I'm rambling...I've got a major headache and don't feel as if I'm making sense!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
we recently (last year) restarted our local alumnea chapter. we just had a meeting earlier this month to set goals and such.

I am RPM, unfortuantly until the wedding I am is (sept. 11th my college roomate is getting married) is over I have to miss meetings!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy No Alumnae Chapter Here

I would be involved in an alumnae chapter, however, there isn't one in Scotland. That's what I get for going to graduate school at St. Andrews. I did get to have the Circle degree though before I came over, which was really beautiful.

Sigma Love and Mine,
Laura