Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,192
2 members and 1,190 guests
patrickmyandxty

Old 03-02-2004, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
online dating

everyone in my office raves about eharmony and match.com. what are yalls felling on online dating?
I have my own opinion, but i don't want to share it yet.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Banned

http://www.adultfriendfinder.com

-Rudey
Old 03-02-2004, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a friend meet a guy online.. dont remember how exactly now.. they talked for a bit then met in person since he lived around the area.. she was all safe about it..

well they ended up dating.. now they are married.. I dont know if i would do it personally but i guess it works for some..
Old 03-02-2004, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think online dating has the stigma personal-adds do. LOSERS! lol.

That doesn't make it a bad thing. You probably have the same odds of meeting someone good as you do in the real world, keep in mind that most relationships fail right?

And if they fail we feel compelled to blame something?

So in this case you will just blame the fact you met them online . . .

And in actuality you have more of a chance of meeting someone interesting because . . well . . you are trying to meet people lol.

I would imagine it will work fine in meeting new people as long as you aren't one of those people that put the whole "I expect to get married from every relationship" pressure on things.

Also, america is getting lonelier, it may actually be harder to meet people today in person if only becasue the media has made us scared of each other. Stories that 20 years ago would have sounded like a great way to pick someone up sound stalkerish to us now.

Personally I always check out http://www.gorgeous-bisexual-women-t...irlfriends.com
Old 03-02-2004, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Also, america is getting lonelier, it may actually be harder to meet people today in person if only becasue the media has made us scared of each other. Stories that 20 years ago would have sounded like a great way to pick someone up sound stalkerish to us now.[/url]
This is extremely true. I don't know that worse things are necessarily happening...some terrible things happened in my grandparents' day too...we are just more aware of all the things that can go wrong.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess it's not a bad idea for people who have a hard time meeting others. I don't really get it, though, because it's not so hard to meet people when you're out and about.

I personally wouldn't do it, because I wouldn't want to waste time if there was no physical attraction, which you can't know until you meet someone in person.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it was a dumb idea, paying to meet people who you may never actually see, but there are two women in my office who rave about it. However, neither of them have actually come face to face with their online dates....
Its not my cup of tea, but I am begining to understand why its so popular especially for people who are older, divorced, widowed or have kids and can't get out.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My boss has done it few times and is now with a man that she met over a year ago. She has had good luck with it
Old 03-02-2004, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
ITs the same exact thing as a Single's Events service, and the same thing as going to a bar that is a single's place.

In fact you can actually get more dialogue before going on a date with them.

Its just a way of maximizing your chances of meeting as many people as possible.

Personally though I haven't done it, it looks pretty safe to me, but I will be momentarily contrite if you get hacked up by your date and burried under the house

Quote:
Originally posted by maggieaxid
I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it was a dumb idea, paying to meet people who you may never actually see, but there are two women in my office who rave about it. However, neither of them have actually come face to face with their online dates....
Its not my cup of tea, but I am begining to understand why its so popular especially for people who are older, divorced, widowed or have kids and can't get out.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I know a lady who met a man over the Internet and married him. It was all a pretty fast deal, and they're not a very good match at all...they've got absolutely nothing in common! I think it's just like anything else...online dating is like regular dating, you have to make sure you're compatible, only I guess sometimes it's a little easier since you can kind of hide behind the computer screen.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to veemers
Quote:
Originally posted by James
http://www.gorgeous-bisexual-women-t...irlfriends.com
That's right! I remember how we met!

Last year, I was asked by the entertainment editor for our newspaper to do a review of online dating services. They're all creepy, even though I met my last boyfriend while doing the research for that article (I met him so that I could write about him...unfortunately we hit it off...but then we broke up because he has a Batman phobia.)

My advice? Stay away from them.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Summer after high school I worked in a doctor's office and one of the nurses got married to this guy she met over the internet. It was the time when the whole internet chatting thing was starting off so everyone in the office was talking about it. To top it off the guy was from England and he flew out to Boston so they could not get married but meet for the first time!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
I am internet dating now. I am using JDate and Eharmony. I have many men, and the ones I hear from the most are the ones I have the most in common with. I've met people from there who know some of the same people I know and grew up with. It's been fun and interesting e-mailing and keeping up with them. Have'nt had a serious relationship with anyone from internet dating YET though. Internet dating did start out with a stigma, but no longer does. It does not mean you are a loser, but a way to find people with common interests.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
see i don't know if i would actually pay. i was on match.com for a while but never paid so everyone had to contact me and i couldn't contact anyone.
i met someone via that and we dated but the whole thing blew up in my face and we no longer speak.

i have met two of my good guy friends online on those personal sites. i love them like brothers.

yahoo personals was bookmarked for a while... until i met a complete psycho.

needless to say... i have had pretty bad luck.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
I'm not into the online thing, but if it works for others then whatever. I'd just rather meet guys the regular way.