Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,203
1 members and 1,202 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

52 Weeks to find him

I heard this lady on the radio this morning.

She is determined and also makes me wonder...

She's looking for a husband - and she's giving herself just 365 days to find him.

A New Jersey woman is launching an interactive Web site Thursday with the ambitious goal of tracking down her soulmate by 2010.

Neenah Pickett, a 42-year-old media consultant from Somerset, N.J., dreamed up 52Weeks2FindHim.com while working with a company on a social networking and multimedia site two years ago.

"In 52 weeks, I hope to find him. I don't plan to walk down the aisle, but I want to meet him," she said. "Come New Year's Eve next year, I hope we'll be together."

Pickett, a bubbly Michigan native who moved to New York in her 20s, is certainly no wallflower. She was once engaged - to a man who wouldn't quite commit - and has been on more than 100 dates with men she has met online.

But as time passed, Pickett began to suspect that finding Mr. Right was going to take a more targeted effort.

"You can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results," she said of attempts to find love online, through friends or on blind dates. "I was just sitting there, thinking things would happen."

With her friends' and family's blessing, Pickett created the extensive Web site. It features a daily blog, videos of Pickett describing herself, testimonials from her closest friends - and, of course, a way for men to submit themselves for consideration.

Pickett expects other single ladies to use the site's discussion board, polls and articles as a resource.

Pickett - who is 5-feet-2, thinks her best quality is her lips and enjoys hiking and movies - isn't limiting herself to a certain type of man, though she'd prefer someone who shares her Christian beliefs and has a good sense of humor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008...ind_mr_ri.html

http://www.52weeks2findhim.com/
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it's safe to say that this type of tactic would put absolutely no pressure on any guy she dates.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

None whatsoever...I wonder if it would be a Vegas wedding....or secretly she has everything planned already and all he has to do is show up in a tux....?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Ummmmm.....
I haven't seen the site. (firewall at work)
But this sounds a BIT desperate. What's wrong with going out, or meeting people in chat rooms (hursh @ DSeid, lol) or traditional dating??
Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I feel like this would work if she were prettier.

I'm sorry.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Ummmmm.....
I haven't seen the site. (firewall at work)
But this sounds a BIT desperate. What's wrong with going out, or meeting people in chat rooms (hursh @ DSeid, lol) or traditional dating??
Hey nikki hwo do you think 1/2 of SOC hooked up huh??

BTW...u did get the memo about the reunion right?

Anyways...yeah..trying to be hitched by the end of THIS year?

A BIT desperate? Let's drop the bit part and add 'a whole hella lot' instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I feel like this would work if she were prettier.

I'm sorry.

Whew....I am glad somebody else said it....but face it...there is somebody for everybody...just waiting for the sequel from the guy -----> www.104Weeks2DivorceHerCrazyAss.com
Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Morning America did an interview with her about this "goal" and website. All I can say is good luck...I guess.

If that fool Drew Peterson can get married yet again, she can find someone too.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
"In 52 weeks, I hope to find him. I don't plan to walk down the aisle, but I want to meet him," she said. "Come New Year's Eve next year, I hope we'll be together."

Pickett, a bubbly Michigan native who moved to New York in her 20s, is certainly no wallflower. She was once engaged - to a man who wouldn't quite commit - and has been on more than 100 dates with men she has met online.

"You can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results," she said of attempts to find love online, through friends or on blind dates. "I was just sitting there, thinking things would happen."
She doesn't plan to walk down the aisle, but she wants to meet him. So... in a year, she wants to be in a serious relationship? It might be SLIGHTLY entertaining if she actually got someone to propose to her by then, but to simply be in a relationship? It's not even worth the effort for me to click on the website.

And her quote, when referring to finding love online... "You can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results." Um, so... she's been on more than 100 dates with men she's met online. That hasn't worked. So now she's created a website ONLINE to meet her future husband.

Makes sense.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 01-06-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
DS:
lol.... how do you think I met the ex-fiance??!! lol
Yes, I did, and I wish I could go. It's the same weekend as my other family reunion.

Sen I:
Happy New Year!
Just STAY in the darn corner.. lol...
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL dag it's either the corner or the hand basket!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

And if she succeeds, she can sell the movie rights. Then, we'll have yet another fantastic Meg Ryan/Sandra Bullock movie.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
And if she succeeds, she can sell the movie rights. Then, we'll have yet another fantastic Meg Ryan/Sandra Bullock movie.
Correction Angela Bassett/ Sanaa Lathan...directed by Tyler Perry.

and I got another question (I am so going to Hell for this) out of all of these dates, how many has she slept with....?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, my bad, didn't read the article.

Maybe Queen Latifah?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

She looks more like a homely version of Alfre Woodard (who I think is lovely).

This won't become a Perry or TD Jakes movie unless there's a religious or faith spin to it. I didn't read the website but her publicity stunt just makes me think of "he's just not that into you."

I can't wait to see He's Just Not That Into You in the theater, btw.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
and I got another question (I am so going to Hell for this) out of all of these dates, how many has she slept with....?
Your post is evidence that she's opening herself up to scrutiny. Not love.