Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,663
1 members and 1,662 guests
No Members online

Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Sunshine chair ideas

h

Last edited by stargirl007; 12-23-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

WEATHER REPORTS!! LOL

(Sorry, I still can't get over the fact that such a thing exists)
Old 12-26-2009, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GammaPhi1874
I was Sunshine Chair for my chapter and when possible I made cards for sisters on their birthdays or if they were having a tough time or if they needed some encouragement and the chapter would sign them.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
One thing that can be kind of fun is Mock Awards. Have you been doing those? I suppose that could be in the Sunshine Chair's department.
We had 5 trophies/statue things that each sister could keep until the next meeting if she was awarded the Mock Award that week. They were:
Study Bear Award (teddy bear w/book): If she had been studying A TON that week or had aced an important MidTerm or something.
KRISterhood Award (Named after a deceased sister, Kris): For the sister who had shown great sisterhood that week by doing something nice for another sister/group of sisters.
Jackass Award (Eeyore the donkey): For the sister who had done something NOT so great (but usually amusing) that week.
Red Hot Tomato Award (plastic tomatoes painted with flames): For the sister who had done something embarrassing/ had something embarrassing happen to them that week.
Ken Doll Award (Ken doll): For the girl who needed a man- had probably broken up with her bf, or her boyfriend was acting like a tool that week.

In my time, I got the Red Hot tomato award and the Jackass Award, and they were both funny (and, yes, embarrassing) stories. I also developed the KriSterhood Award, and I think I received that once, too.
Good luck bringing Sunshine to your chapter!

TEII
Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm on my chapter's sunshine comittee and here are a few things we do:

Sigma trivia: organization-related trivia questions. Members turn them in at the end of the meeting and the winner(s) gets a prize at the next meeting.

Icebreakers at the start of meetings: this may not be as relevant if you live in a house, but since our meetings are monthly, they're a good way to get some laughs in and get to know each other (esp if you've had a new class just come in)

Sister of the month (or week): self explanatory, ours are memer nominated.

We also had a Sigma swap at the last meeting of the year: everyone brings lettered items (or org-related items: mascots, colors, symbols) to be swapped. One woman's junk is another's treasure! And a good way to get some vintage para. I've passed on a lettered jacket that doesn't fit, in turn I got a rose pin and a mug with our crest (I wanted one for work)

Cards for birthdays and tough times (losing a job, loved one) but for other awesome events (graduations, engagements, buying a new home, promotions, new jobs, babies). We also acknowledge sigmaversaries (day you were inducted) which are fun.

Tweak as you see fit, as my chapter is alumnae, meets monthly, not in a house, and NPHC
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had a bulletin board in our University Center and whenever it was one of our sister's birthdays, our Sunshine chair would bring in a birthday balloon and a sign that says "Happy Birthday <NAME>!" and it had a picture on it. We also had a "G-Phi of the Week" for girls who had summer birthdays and never got birthday balloons.