Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 967
3 members and 964 guests
JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat

Old 07-26-2002, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Rush Ideas

It is getting close to that time of year again.... RUSH! Here at Clemson we are really looking forward to the fall rush since that is usually our biggest. We were just sitting down to plan our events throughout the week and we were hoping to get some new exciting ideas!

Here's what we usually do....

MONDAY:information night- we usually meet with the girls and talk to them about SA- we snack and have a little bit of get to know ya!
TUESDAY: this is a fun night - in the past we have done scavenger hunts, pictionary, and other games.
WEDNESDAYizza/wing night- we usually go out to eat this night, either to a pizza place or a wing place - we have also ordered in pizza on this night too
THURSDAY: Interview night- the final night of rush is a professional dress night where each rushee sits down with a group of sisters and has a personal interview - in the past we have found this to be nerve racking for the girls and we are looking for a way to improve it

NOW TELL ME YOUR IDEAS AND WE CAN MAKE THIS RUSH THE BEST!
Old 07-27-2002, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Hey! I'm a fellow rush chair at the Zeta chapter. I've been working hard on rush all weekend long. One resource I used was the rush/recruitment forum that's a part of this board. A lot of the threads are geared towards the members of the National Panhellenic Council but I still got some really great ideas. If you still can't find what you want feel free to email me at allison_lsu@hotmail.com and I can give you some ideas we've used in the past.

Sisters,
Allison
Old 07-27-2002, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Skits...

OK...I have a question now. Do any other chapters perform skits during their rush functions? We always do and I'm looking for ideas for this year's skit. I'm wanting the theme for our rush to be "Sisterhood Through the Ages". I was wanting to portray how much our sisterhood has grown since we were first founded at the Ohio State University. I was thinking about compiling the history of Sigma Alpha into a 5-10 minute skit. Does anyone know of a way I can do this without boring our rushees to death (not that I think our history is boring...but you never know how they feel about it)? OK...I'm gonna quit rambling. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks y'all!

Sisters,
Allison
Old 07-28-2002, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Using a theme for rush seems to make it a bit easier to tie everything together. I like your Sisterhood Through the Ages, especially for Alpha, since we're approaching 25 years!

You could do something fun with outfits, music, etc. from the years since you were founded. Another thing might be to put a timeline, with pictures and key events from each few years around the room you'll be in. I'm sure some other sisters will be able to help you create something fun!
Old 07-28-2002, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Do you use a Powerpoint slide show or a video for info night? That can help make the presentation more polished and help people follow along.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Beth!

Yes we do have a powerpoint presentation for that night. My assistant has been working really hard on it. We've been using themed rushes for a few years now. It makes it fun and exciting for the rushees and sisters alike.

P.S.--I really like your idea of the timeline!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the idea of a powerpoint or video! I think that would be great and could be updated every year! Here's a few ideas I've thought of since I posted my question...

***Decorating flower pots & pot flowers to give to nursing homes or classrooms!
***For a fun afternoon plan a field day and have sister/rushee teams for 3-legged races, tug of war, etc
***Banana split night - everyone be creative personalizing their own banana splits and even have a contest for the most creative split!
***Have smores and bonfire one night

Another really great idea I had that is similar to this topic is for big sister revealing night. Each big sister is given several balloons (each sister gets one color). The sister then blows up balloons and places 1 letter from her name into each. (5 balloons for K A T I E). Then all of the balloons for each sister is placed on the floor randomly. Then inductees enter the room and are told which color balloon to pop. Once they have popped all of the (red) balloons the have to scramble the letters to find out who their big sis is! I just thought this was a really cute idea!

Keep this going this is a great tool!
Old 07-29-2002, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your big sis revealing idea!!!! That's absolutely adorable!!!!! I'm definitely going have to mention that to our 2nd vp.