GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,262
1 members and 1,261 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 08-09-2003, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

My brother's gf recruitment thread :)

My brother's girlfriend has registered for recruitment at MTSU. She's worried that she won't be able to afford it. I'm not sure if I should advise her to budget ahead or to not go through yet. Any ideas? Rush starts next week!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAUNikki
I think that she should go ahead and try it out. Let her know that she wil need to have some $ available. During recruitment or even before she can ask the different GLOs what their costs are so that she has an idea of what to expect. I know that my chapter has a couple of girls on finance plans so they do not have to pay in one lump payment. Maybe one of the chapters at her school has that..?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
I know that most of the chapters here do have payment plans for their members since not all of us have our parents pay for it or have alot of money saved up for it.

Nichole
Old 08-14-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
DZHBrown, was this issue resolved? Is she planning on starting rush tomorrow?

Other payment options include Panhellenic scholarships for PNMs (my school has them) and scholarships from the sorority nationals once she's initiated. Also, if you save up your summer earnings, a lot of times you end up with enough money to pay your dues (at least in my experience!)
Old 08-14-2003, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I told her what I knew from personal experience regarding payment plans and that other sororities probably did similar things. I also told her about student loans, etc. I haven't heard her final decision, but she was considering not starting school till the spring and just work during the fall. I'm hoping she goes ahead and goes to school! I've known too many people with that plan that didn't go back to school
Old 08-14-2003, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
DZHBrown, well wish her the best of luck in whatever she does for me!!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Will do! Thanks, Pam!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
So did she decide to go through rush?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-16-2003, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't seen her in a couple of days, but my brother said she did meet with her Rho Sigma, today...so maybe she's going to do it after all?? I'll find out tomorrow!!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Just to let everyone know, that YES i DID see her at the sorority informational meeting last night with a HUGE smile on her face! I am SO SO SO happy that she has decided to go through. She is such an awesome person! It will fun to see where she ends up!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by RhoSigma2003
Just to let everyone know, that YES i DID see her at the sorority informational meeting last night with a HUGE smile on her face! I am SO SO SO happy that she has decided to go through. She is such an awesome person! It will fun to see where she ends up!
YAY!
Old 08-16-2003, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Thanks for the info RhoSigma!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

June almost didn't go back to rush today because she couldn't find a ride!! My brother told me so I took her, but I can't take her home. I hope she finds a ride home and ride back to say where she'll be going tomorrow!
Old 08-16-2003, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

June had a good time tonight! She didn't give me a lot of details, but I'll post what she did say. BTW - I don't know what the other MTSU PNM's are using for "code names", so I'm just making my own up!

January - She didn't really care for this group, but didn't tell me why!

February - She said these girls were "ok", but she wasn't sure she felt very comfortable. She thought that it might have just been the girl she was paired up with. She also felt they were somewhat disorganized.

March - She thinks this group will drop her, but she felt they were too formal for her anyway.

April - She really clicked with the girls here. She thought they were outgoing and very fun.

May - Loved this group. Nothing felt forced, she thought it was all very natural. Clicked with the girls. Loved the presentation. Impressed.

June - Loved this group also. Thought the girls were very nice and she felt like she fit in here.

July - She thought the girls were really nice, but she didn't feel like she fit in with them.

I'll let you know later where she's going tomorrow!!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Which group is June in?