Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,437
2 members and 1,435 guests
abradatxaxd3465, LaneSig

Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Lost Badge

I know that we already have a thread for ebay names, however I just want to make as many aware as possible that I am going to do my best to find a replacement pin over the next few weeks.

After coming home from Founders Day this weekend, my mom picked up my pin and packed it for the drive back to my apartment. We have since then searched every bag, both our yards, parking lots, driveways, and every inch of floor space. Unfortunately we think it may have fallen out of a bag while packing or unloading the car.

I am going to be watching for one similar to mine on ebay, so please keep this in mind if you are bidding.

My ebay screen name is Mallerdee.

Also, feel free to message me if you see one as well.

The one I had was white gold and lined in pearls. I just hate that the one I had and holds so much sentimental value to me is gone.

I will be disaffiliating as a recruitment counselor next month, so I won't be able to wear it anyway. However, I would just feel better knowing I had it with me at home!

Anyone else ever have to find a replacement?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Greek Chat, Miss Mal! Yes, we've had sisters searching for their pins. There was even an incident when one sister's pin was on ebay, but their wheels spin slowly.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't give up hope that you might find it! I got to meeting once and realized that my pin had fallen off at some point in my walk to campus. I retraced my steps, looking everywhere, but couldn't find it...until I was standing in the middle of the street, waiting for cars to pass by so I could get back to my room (dangerous, I know, but that's the only way to do it) and I look down and see something glinting in the middle of the road - my pin.

So, the moral is, if I can find my pin in the middle of a very busy street, and in perfect condition, you might find yours too! Good luck.
Mrs. Lovett: You're barking mad! Killing a man what done ya no harm! Sweeney Todd: He recognized me from the old days. Tried to blackmail me. Half me earnings. Mrs. Lovett: Oh, well that's a different matter then. For a moment there I thought you lost your marbles.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPiLove View Post
Don't give up hope that you might find it! I got to meeting once and realized that my pin had fallen off at some point in my walk to campus. I retraced my steps, looking everywhere, but couldn't find it...until I was standing in the middle of the street, waiting for cars to pass by so I could get back to my room (dangerous, I know, but that's the only way to do it) and I look down and see something glinting in the middle of the road - my pin.

So, the moral is, if I can find my pin in the middle of a very busy street, and in perfect condition, you might find yours too! Good luck.
I had searched high and low for my pin for weeks. I knew I had put it in a safe place, but where? I emptied every drawer, every jewel box, anywhere I thought it might be. The other day, I found the Balfour box, but it was empty. Something made me look underneath the lining and voila...my pin had somehow slipped under it. I was so glad to see it. It had been years since I had worn it to an alum luncheon. It looked so small but still so beautiful...a golden torch with five pearls and a diamond in the center. It is still meaningful after all these years.

Keep searching. You never know when and where it may turn up.

Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patrae Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People
Old 05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope you find your pin soon!

Just a thought, but instead of bidding on a pin on ebay, why not replace it with a new one ordered via HQ?

The pins on ebay are often stolen, or sold at estate sales, etc. It's a pin that belongs to another sister.