Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,609
0 members and 1,609 guests
No Members online

Old 05-09-2005, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Relationship - Taking a Break

Just wanted to check with everyone out there:

This past Saturday my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years told me he "needs a break" to figure out if he still loves me or if he's just comfortable in the relationship and that's why he stays in it. We're only 21, so I know we're young, but after dating so long this really hurt me. The problem is, after three days, I know that I love him and I feel like he should know too...after all, you either miss spending time with a person or you dont.

Everyone I've talked to about this says it's really confusing becasue he keeps saying things like he doesnt want to break up and he doesn't want this break to be perminent and he still wants to go on a vacation with my family and I this summer. I just don't know how long I should go on with a breaking heart so that he can decide how he feels.

Does anyone have any insight?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

btw, posted in general chat also.... figured that forum was better suited for the subject ~SORRY!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

missing spending time with someone is different than loving them..

i have had plenty of relationships where at the end I wasn't neccessarily still in love with the person more or less enjoyed hanging out with them and doing stuff together (i.e. as your boyfriend has questioned whether or not he is still in the relationship just bc he is comfortable)

him saying he wants to go on vacation with you.. can be confusing.. be he is confused himself about things right now.. thats why he is giving off mixed signals..