Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,544
1 members and 1,543 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-25-2004, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
Exclamation How to Tie A Toga...

Anyone got pointers? Theta Xi Alpha and the Kappa Sigma interest group will be throwing a Toga Party...thing is how do you tie one? What do you wear under??? Lol, I know stupid questions but I want to ask. They're giving out tickets the Maroon 5 mini concert at Armstrong and I want to look good representing my colors. Pointers please??? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-25-2004, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
I haven't actually ever tied a toga but make sure all your knots are TIGHT! As for underneath, girls have worn shorts and tank tops or capri pants or something that won't be visible underneath but you won't be bare either.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have time to hunt it down but there's a website called how to tie a toga or something like that. It's very helpful.

I have 6 togas at home. I might have partied a lot at my last school.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
You can't get an authentic look with the regular old sheet, but nobody will know the difference anyway. What I used to do is just sort of wrap it around myself, passing two corners in opposite directions under one arm, and then tying it at the shoulder. I know that's confusing, so you should probably just check the Internet.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
When we go to toga parties, no one really wears anything that looks like the real thing. We all make it fun and have little themes...

Here are some pictures:

Notice the seran wrap toga at the very left...haha
Old 03-26-2004, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Heavy Duty Stapler
Old 03-26-2004, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
I've decided to go with a two piece-pink and white. My dad is an Art History professor at an Art school here in Savannah so I asked his opinon. I experimented with them in different ways and liked the pink wrapped around my waist and the white around as more of the toga. I'll take pictures and post them on here later. Thank you all for your suggestions and the pictures
Old 03-26-2004, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiPhiGirl2005
We had a toga date party last Fall, and thus I am experienced in the art of toga making, thanks to this website:

"How to Make a Toga"

It provides most of the info you'll need. Have fun!

P.S. - Wearing a tank top and shorts under it is a very good idea!
Old 03-29-2004, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks, though we've already had it-it helped out a lot!
Old 04-08-2004, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Heres a link to the page of my toga pics. Its way at the bottom and I looked really nerdy in one so just look past it. Im the chick sporting pink-n-white.
http://deltazetaxi.tripod.com/welcome/id5.html

Last edited by HollisterDXiChi; 04-08-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad someone mentioned a tank-top and shorts.

I made the mistake of wearing a strapless bathing suit underneath. My toga slipped off my shoulder when I was using the bathroom, and unfortunately my bathing suit did some slipping as well. I was REALLY lucky that one of the brothers saw me coming out of the bathroom and suggested I turn around, go back in, and check my toga.

Also, florists don't charge much for crowns/circlets made of baby's breath or ivy. And they look great
---
Pictures from that big Phi Kappa Sigma toga party over the years. In the first picture below, they're waiting for the flatbed truck that went around to all the sororities and picked up the dates. My guess is that current risk management policies do not allow the truck to have the actual operating the champagne punch fountain that it had in the old days.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually cheated and just rented one. It was actually pretty cool. Some of the girls that came to that party were wearing leopard and snakeskin togas. Yeah, it's definately important to wear something underneath. I just wore some gym shorts and sandals. ~Boodleboy322
Old 04-23-2004, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I am an alum of Beta Mu Omicron, the sister sorority of Phi Mu Alpha at Henderson State University...just thought I'd put that out there.
BTW-the toga social really wrank! I and my sister sorority Chi Theta Kappa went and like left about 15min after. I still luv my Kappa Sigs though!
Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Quote:
Originally posted by HollisterDXiChi
I am an alum of Beta Mu Omicron, the sister sorority of Phi Mu Alpha at Henderson State University...just thought I'd put that out there.
BTW-the toga social really wrank! I and my sister sorority Chi Theta Kappa went and like left about 15min after. I still luv my Kappa Sigs though!
Hey, when were you in Arkansas? I go to ASU! I've heard of BMO but never heard what they do.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie

Not sure if this helps with the whole toga tying issue, but this was my very first fraternity party ever! Winter 2001...Beta Toga.
STILL one of the best parties Ive been to TO DATE