Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,261
4 members and 1,257 guests
3DGator, Cookiez17, naraht

Old 12-23-2003, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Why would legal drugs be so awful?

Seriosuly. Why would the legalization of drugs or their decriminalization, be so much worse than the fact that alcohol is legal?

Take a second and ponder prohibition.

Also, what is the origin of our aversion to drugs?
Old 12-23-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Why would legal drugs be so awful?

Quote:
Originally posted by James

State Gov't wasn't quick enough to capitalize on it...
Old 12-23-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Re: Re: Why would legal drugs be so awful?

LOL
Quote:
Originally posted by CC1GC
State Gov't wasn't quick enough to capitalize on it...
Old 12-23-2003, 11:38 PM

Re: Why would legal drugs be so awful?

Quote:
Originally posted by James
A lot of it is motivated by hatred and fear of other races and cultures.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Arrow Legalize, Regulate, and Tax

Drugs are bad, and no one should do them. Same with alcohol, tobaco, and pickled pigs feet.

My father was a cocaine addict, and it had a devastating effect on my life when I was growing up. This was when President Reagan was in office, and cocaine was illegal. I've never done cocaine, never will, and I think that no one should do it. I also think that cocaine should be legal.

The federal, state, and local governments in this country pay a tremendous amount of money to ineffectively enforce the existing drug laws. Citizens pay a huge price in diminished liberty, a less efective criminal justice system, and less financially effective governments.

By legalizing drugs, our society could free up jail space so that sexual predators, like the one who allegedly abducted and murdered Dru Sjodin, can remain locked up for public safety. We would be safer. We could reallocate resources that are used in this unnecessary, and failed, War on Drugs , and to be used against violent criminals, and against the necessary War on Terror.

No one should do drugs, but that should be the choice of the individual, not the state.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Alcohol is a goddamn farce...many criminological studies deduce it's the leading precursor to crime among ALL legal and illegal drugs.

But hey, since moderate alcohol consumption can lower a person's risk to type-2 diabetes, it's existence is worth the collective suffering...(Beat the Geeks level sarcasm)
Old 12-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Alcohol is a goddamn farce...many criminological studies deduce it's the leading precursor to crime among ALL legal and illegal drugs.

But hey, since moderate alcohol consumption can lower a person's risk to type-2 diabetes, it's existence is worth the collective suffering...(Beat the Geeks level sarcasm)
Beach shuttup and drink.

-Rudey
Old 12-24-2003, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

The worse thing about the legalization of drugs would be in the area of governmental regulation and taxation, which would further infringe upon personal freedom. If the government could leave the little guy alone and let him grow his pot or make his own whatever, it may work. Personally, I’m not sure that every type of drug should be legal, but as long as it is used in the privacy of your own home, the government should keep their fingers out of it. There may be some health issues to think about, but philosophically, as long as government stays out of it, I’m for it.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Beach shuttup and drink.

-Rudey
Who says i'm not drunk...i come from a long-line of Northern Ontario drinkers...our family motto is Gagnon Tradition, drinkin' and fishin'

-- since we're opening the door, why not allow GHB to be more accesible? Rudey would save a few bucks not having to buy Pina Colata for his 'roofie colatas'
Old 12-24-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by bethany1982
The worse thing about the legalization of drugs would be in the area of governmental regulation and taxation, which would further infringe upon personal freedom.
How would this differ from the taxation and regulation of alcohol?
Old 12-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Who says i'm not drunk...i come from a long-line of Northern Ontario drinkers...our family motto is Gagnon Tradition, drinkin' and fishin'

-- since we're opening the door, why not allow GHB to be more accesible? Rudey would save a few bucks not having to buy Pina Colata for his 'roofie colatas'
Listen in Mexico roofies are legal. If they're legal in Mexico, that's good enough for me.

-Rudey
--I play a little bit of Roy Orbison, drug em, and the night really begins. Nick takes pictures.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:53 AM
wreckingcrew

Quote:

361 points for using a Family Guy reference in the News and Politics thread.

Kitso
KS 361
Old 01-04-2004, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
The federal, state, and local governments in this country pay a tremendous amount of money to ineffectively enforce the existing drug laws. Citizens pay a huge price in diminished liberty, a less efective criminal justice system, and less financially effective governments.

By legalizing drugs, our society could free up jail space so that sexual predators, like the one who allegedly abducted and murdered Dru Sjodin, can remain locked up for public safety. We would be safer. We could reallocate resources that are used in this unnecessary, and failed, War on Drugs , and to be used against violent criminals, and against the necessary War on Terror.

i completely agree...