GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,417
2 members and 1,415 guests
John

Old 01-21-2002, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Release Figures

Ok guys, this one is urgent! I need you to tell me everything you can about recruitment release figures. Such as, does my campus Panhell have to use them? What are they based on? What are they used for?

I will post the whole story when it's not 2:30 am tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
There should be "suggested" release figures, but it is customary that all groups follow them. They are figured in the following manner, according to the GreenBook.

(Number of girls still participating in recruitment*number of parties for this stage)/(average % return over the last three years*number of chapters).

% return is considered to be the number of girls who come back/number of girls you invite back. Note that it is based on the number you invite, not the total number of PNM's.

For example, let's say that all PNM's visit 20 chapters, then narrow their selections to ten. In the past three years, 75% of the girls you have invited back have come back. 1000 women are still in recruitment.

Quota would be estimated as 1000/20, or 50 women per chapter. Multiply this by 10 parties, and you get 500 women. This means you want 500 women to visit your chapter this stage to be on pace for quota (you don't want to be too heavy or too light). You know that approximately 75% of the women you invite back will return, so you invite 667 women.

I know this is complicated, but I hope it helps a little.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought there are many formulas for relese numbers...maybe I'm thinking of quota?
Some like above that are an average of the last 3 years of recruitment and others based on total PNMs?

I could be wrong, but the last 3 years was what we used when I was in school. They seem pretty fair.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'm kind of understanding all of this....now, let's say that a couple houses are at total, always get quota....and a couple other houses don't....would using these figures help the smaller houses out?
Old 01-22-2002, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, if the smaller houses have a less successful rate of return then they would relese less women therefore, be able to ask more PNMs back to the house then the stronger groups.

It doesn't really help, it's fair.

Do you have a consultant in town?
Old 01-22-2002, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
An Example of Recruitment Release Figures from the NPC Manual

Formula:
First Invitational Round

Events: 5
NPC Groups: 6
Women Accepting invitations: 203
Quota: 34
Percentage of Return for Group A: 95%
Percentage of Return for Group B: 45%

Quota x Number of Events /% Returns = number to invite

For Group A example above:

34 x 5 = 170/.95 = 179

Group A can invite back 179 women to their next round.

For Group B example above:

34 x 5=170/.45 = 377

Group B can invite back as many girls as it wants.

Barbara
Old 01-22-2002, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up

Enforcing release figures definitely helps smaller chapters. There are chapters who like to invite everyone back, even if 50% of them do not have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a bid....they just want to be able to say that they had the most rushees at their party. If there is a woman you KNOW you will not be giving a bid to, you're supposed to cut her loose as soon as possible, so she can weigh her other options realistically. She's a lot more likely to warm up to the possibility of the smaller groups if she is sure that big giant house XYZ really isn't going to bid her.

Incidentally, even if numbers are low, the chapter shouldn't ask back women they don't plan to give a bid. Why waste her time or yours?
Old 01-23-2002, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

See, here is our deal......

The other three chapters on our campus are at total or very close...we aren't. Panhell sign up this year were pathetic....43 women!!! Usually we have around 80, but word from administration is that this bunch of freshman are generally apathetic about a lot of things...but that's neither here nor there.

Panhell sign-ups were held during registration for classes and in the same room......soooo I took a peek at the list. (People here are very lax about things like this) Just from talking to people going through my line, I know that some of the women that signed up don't have the grades. That takes the number lower. Plus, some of the women that did sign up were not ones that I feel would be a great fit for Kappa Delta.

Looking like it's going to be a small quota, everyone is going to be competing hard. I'm afraid that if women get 4 invites back to theme and have to regret one invitation, it's going to be ours that is regretted. I figured that if we could convince our campus Panhell to use these figures, it would give my chapter a better chance to get a great turn-out for theme and pref.

Is there anyway to ensure that these figures can/will be used? From what has been said, I think it would be a VERY good thing for our chapter.

Lexi......Yes, we are getting a CDC in for theme and pref!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Moxie,
The use of release figures is an NPC recommendation but not a rule. Your campus Panhellenic is the final authority on whether or not they get used. Do you know who your NPC advisor is? You could try speaking to her with your concerns. If you e-mail me with your campus and city/state location I have this information and can give it to you.
Barbara
Old 01-23-2002, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Moxie: Do you know which CDC?

Good Luck, if you guys worked so hard I am sure you will do fine and if not, you will have to COB, but there are worse things.

Send the chapter some good KD vibes for me!

AOT
Old 01-24-2002, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Pnguin Trax: I believe her name is Carol Coordt. She's based out of Louisianna.

LexiKD: Hmm.....I'm not sure of her name yet, but she was supposed to in Longwood that week, but they pulled her and are sending her here. They must have been really tired of us asking to pull a CDC from our Alpha chapter! LOL

We're going to talk to our Greek Life Coordinator tomorrow morning to share with him what you guys have told me. Any help we could get from an NPC person would be wonderful!

Thanks so much for all of your help! Our first event is tomorrow, and I'm psyched!!! This is our year......I feel it!

(BTW......none of the houses vote until after Sunday night's event, so we definitely have time to do this! Whoohoo!)