GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,195
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,179
1 members and 1,178 guests
John

Old 11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Cross & Crescent Magazine

Brothers,

I had to contact IHQ today concerning Zeta-Upsilon Zeta business. In passing, I asked about the status of the C & C. I was told that it was delayed and is now in "production."

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, ZUZ
Old 11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SniffDNZ098
thanks for the update! wasnt sure when that was coming in
Old 11-01-2004, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Mike, thank you from me also as while it "Was" supposed to come out everyother Mon. havent gotten one since G A in Indy! Really looking forward to that one!

Please, let it be soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Will my Poem (with a picture - not of me) be in there? I think they lost it, then they complain they don't have enough submissions. I believe another brother sent something too, so we'll see.

I'll be happy if it isn't one of the "corporate" issues with guys in power ties saying they remember something about LCA when they were in college. Personally I don't give a rat if we have someone who's CEO of Citibank, or any other corporation, or running for president. We'll leave that to Chi Phi and Skull & Bones.

I'm perfectly happy viewing Lambda Chi Alpha as the rag-tag bunch of guys we are, seeing it as an end in itself, and loving every minute of it.

ZAX,
Jono

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Come to think of it, brothers very rarely talk about their occupations, whether from my chapter or elsewhere. But I recently got re-connected with 2 GDIs and a Delta Sig I went to college with some 30 years ago. Two of them actually e-mailed me jpegs of their homes! (I swear one of them stole it off a bag of Scott's Turf Builder). The third didn't send me a picture, just made a point of being a bank VP.

I guess we all have our priorities. The DS didn't even know his chapter had folded - I looked it up and told him. He didn't care. Why. He has an emerald-green lawn in New Jersey.

Meantime a lot of us search ebay for any little LCA item we can find until we're broke.

THAT'S what ought to be in the Cross and Crescent, because it isn't about "success", it's about fraternity and the love of it.

Discuss.

In ZAX,
Jono

---sorry for writing two posts in a row, I don't usually do that.

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 11-02-2004, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Jono agree whole heartedly about the Power Tie Brothers.

Need more info on Just Plain old Alums, Active Zetas, who, when, what and why!

Ha Ha, rag tag guys who became LXA Brothers is no more true than BX Local that became LX Z.

In answer to your question:

Beta Chi (1965-1966) was a local for one school year and was Colonized 1966.

George Spaysk mention the Zeta Designation in the Wea hours of our talking. We were then Chartered in 1969. That is why the question of Colony #s. We never had a colony # or designation that we were told about. I just wondered if LX Z was given us or held until Chartering?

It seems that since begining of LXA there have been some form of numbering that keeps all of us mystified.

Is it really our "True" 95 th Anniversary?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-05-2004, 04:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Part of the delay (from my conversation with Betsy Bly, editor of C&C) was that she was in the process of re-desiging it, makign it easier to read, better choice of fonts (sans-serif fonts are extremly hard to read in body copy) more open space, etc. Saw a mock up at GA (being in the business and all) and it looks really nice. When you are goign to a re-design it can be extremly time consuming, becasue you have to standardize everything all over again. Headlines, sub-heads, text, plus columns, captions, pull-quotes, etc. If youve been on a publication format for a while, you know that the captions are always 12pt Arial bold lead in with rest at 12 arial regular black. After you change, you have to go back and keep re-checking - you dont just know it. After a pub goest through a redesign, they always have the kinks out by avout the third issue. By that time, the designer is comfortable in it and almost has an intuative feel about it. Kinda liek living in a new house. For a while youre still looking for the light switches. After a whiel you can walk across the house in the total dark, go to the kitchen and get a glass of water.

Look at the good news: The fraternity saved some $$ by the delay!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

life, thanks for the update BUT?

If it will save US MONEY so be it.

But promises do get wearing thin.

C & C is the Life Line for All Brothers active or not.

We on G C are only a very small Iota of The Total Brotherhood and thirst for more information. So, what about those other Brothers?

I have placed in emails for My Zeta if you are not getting the C & C, go to the web site and resign up, put in your new data for upgrade.

Maybe if all did that, it would help IHQ.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-19-2004, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

C&C Update

Greetings!

I just got a brief update from a staff member at IHQ. The latest C&C is being labeled for mailing! I was told that this will be the biggest issue in recent years. Hopefully, it will be worth the long wait.... Good reading!

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond, ZUZ
Old 11-19-2004, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Lambda Chi Alpha Bulletin

I received this today via my email!

Quote:
The Fall Cross & Crescent magazine is being mailed currently, so watch your mailbox over the next few weeks! This issue is the largest magazine we've ever published, with 80 pages of great Lambda Chi news. It will be in the high-quality, slick format.
w00t!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

SniffDawg, what is a Woot?

Just get the C & C in our hands. Damn, We are All Brothers and like to be kept updated!

Guess I need to get a bigger Position for My Zeta.

I only get a miniscule of information!

Oh, In ZAX,

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-20-2004, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I am subscribed to the Lambda Chi Alpha Bulletin and I think it can be subscribed from on site.

Anyways w00t is another word for woo hoo!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

From my old days in the business forms arena, I learned that "serif" typefaces (the ones with little hooks, like Times New Roman or the ones seen at the top of the GreekChat page) are easier on the eyes than a "sans serif" (no hooks) face.

That's why it's almost impossible to find a textbook w/a "sans serif" font--it would defeat the purpose because the reader would start falling asleep & get eyestrain. Come to think of it, this happened to me w/"serif" faces, anyway...

ZAX,
BF

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power."
Old 12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

New Magazine

I got the new C&C today, it looks great.

As always I have to laugh when you read the chapter or alumni news section when it is like this issue's. We (Shippensburg) sent in alot of news updates, and the entire 1980's is like Ship, Ship Ship. A few issues ago it was the "All Culver Stockton" issue, more peole should send in some random news and notes to better fill up the news sections, especially for alumni.

Tom Earp, what are you doing, COME ON!!!

Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

LENOXXX still waiting to get My C & C!

Why am I the last!

Oh you guys at Ship were flying High with the great New House and are doing good anyway! Keep It up!!!!!

Dont spoil the ending of the story line in the C & C! Hell, even checking the mail box daily to get it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni