Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,225
4 members and 1,221 guests
Cranberry, lopezsae, Sciencewoman

Old 10-04-2002, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
TBS and SAI

I was just wondering...how many of you TBS people out there do things with Sigma Alpha Iota? Our SAI chapter frequently does joint functions with TBS, as well as Phi Mu Alpha of course.

Just curious!
Old 10-13-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Well my roomie and TBS sister is a MIT for SAI at the moment! The music greeks try to support eachother as much as possible here... but not much socializing... like TBS sticks with TBS, KKY sticks with KKY and SAI and PhiMA stick together... eh... I wish there was more mingling!
Old 11-24-2002, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphachiflame
Heya

I'm a pledge for SAI and it seems liek a lot of fun! I don't see it as an issue. We work together.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

NO

Sadly, and I do mean sadly we totally do not work together. And when we do there's a lot of back talk. TBS recently wanted to do a formal with KKY,PHiMU, and SAI. Everything was great until we became the "I can't believe those band dorks are asking us for help". If there's anyone on SAI from our school please come and talk to me. TBS wants to get along. I don't know what to do anymore?
Any suggestions>?? Please help, cause it really hurts our feelings and the sooner its gone the happier we are.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
Re: NO

Quote:
Originally posted by UKDaisy
Sadly, and I do mean sadly we totally do not work together. And when we do there's a lot of back talk. TBS recently wanted to do a formal with KKY,PHiMU, and SAI. Everything was great until we became the "I can't believe those band dorks are asking us for help". If there's anyone on SAI from our school please come and talk to me. TBS wants to get along. I don't know what to do anymore?
Any suggestions>?? Please help, cause it really hurts our feelings and the sooner its gone the happier we are.
One big music formal. Sounds interesting.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know where you're coming from. Even though our chapter of SAI works with TBS, there's still a lot of tension, from both sides unfortunately. Some of my sisters make fun of TBS and some members of TBS talk bad about us. We just go and talk to members about it, and usually it ends up okay. Communication is the key! Talk to SAI; tell them that, even though you are two different groups, that you stand for a lot of the same things and that you respect SAI. Let them know that you want to do more things with them.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Thanks sairose! Yes communication is very importanting. Hopefully we'll get this spring formal off and running soon! Wish us luck!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig

Quote:
PHiMU
Sorry, HUGE pet peeve here - Im sure you are reffering to Phi Mu Alpha, they are just that - Phi Mu Alpha, or Sinfonians or PhiMA, not Phi Mu. Phi Mu is a sorority. I think our boys would look pretty silly wearing the pink and white!
Old 11-25-2002, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry

Sorry I was talking about - Phi Mu Alpha. I don't keep up on what other sororities call themselves or which ones are which. But that' what I meant.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphachiflame
well it's funny because the SAI chapter at nau right now is TINY and is all band girls! We're trying to get it restarted since we have 5 active members and 3 of them are graduating. Scary...but I hope the chapter can stay alive.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zphi06
one of our sorors is a sai sister, and one of our mc's is also a sai sister. we talk about planning things with them...but it never happens. i think there is too much hate goin on between the 2!!
Old 11-29-2002, 04:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Euterpe813
We are currently working this year on improving relations between all of our greek music organizations. Unfortunately, there seems to be some tension between the boys (we still have an all male KKPsiand all female TBS, so "the boys" refers to KKPsi and PMA.) I think they've had issues in the past, although I don't know what, exactly. The girls seem generally okay, although there are some that are more into intra-sororital bonding than others. (Is "sororital" a word? Well, it is now!! )

Anyways, so we've done some smaller events, such as a group outreach to a local high school in need of support (which was a HUGE success), and we've had meetings with representatives of the four groups to try to get some social events going. We're starting small, but I think it would be greatly to our advantage to work on larger events together...we're four very strong groups and if we put all our strengths together, we could accomplish a lot!

Last edited by Euterpe813; 11-29-2002 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Thought of some more advice about better relations between TBS and SAI

At my school we have SAI, TBS, and PMA. At Halloween, all 3 groups sponsered a music department Halloween costume party, and it was a success. Us and TBS had a joint Informational Meeting this fall, telling interested freshmen about our groups and what we do. Little things like this really help fraternal relations!

Also, go out of your way to invite SAI to your functions. After years of bad relations, our SAI chapter was pleasantly surprised when the TBS chapter personally invited us to their Spring Fling party. We showed our appreciation by staying afterwards and helping them clean up. So, in return, we invited them to one of our functions this fall, and they helped us out.

Also, presidents of all 3 groups have regular Presidents' Meetings to talk about things going on with each group, and it helps a lot.

Hope this helps!! Even though I obvously liked SAI better than TBS since I pledged SAI instead of TBS, I respect TBS so much. Y'all do so much and are always so tight-knit!