GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,175
0 members and 1,175 guests
No Members online

Old 11-14-2005, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
Badges?

Hello ladies,
First of all I want to thank all of you who have been so kind in sending your well wishes to me for my recovery. It means so much to me.
Secondly, I want to give my little sister a badge for christmas. A very special badge, I have one that's ruby and pearl that my mother gave me (she is a kappa and her mother bought her a special pin when she was intiated) I'd like to give her an emerald (green is her fav color) badge. I can't afford the one on the website. And I refuse to bid on one on ebay.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to ask, and if it's not, please tell me and I'll take it down immediately... My mother sold her key to a young woman (her's was sapphire) for an extremely discounted price because she knew the girl was a sister, it wasn't so much that she wanted to sell her badge, but that she wanted to have it passed on and used and the girl really wanted one that was special (I'm pretty much useless in that respect, since I'm ... you know...not a kappa).
Do any of you have a badge that you'd be willing to sell to me for my little sister? I know it would make her year. Oh and Stef, I know you read this, if you tell meg that I'm thinking of getting her a badge for christmas...I'M COMMING TO GA AND BEATING YOU WITH A TUNA!!!!

YBM ladies,
Constance
Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Constance-

You might have trouble finding an emerald badge without buying from HQ. They are not all that common.

The best thing to do is contact kaokite. She collects our badges and has the most AMAZING collection!! She often has badges for sale to other Thetas ONLY She may not have emeralds, but give it a try.

I have seen pics of her collection. I believe that she has badges that go back to about 1890... simply fascinating to me! Good luck. What a wonderful big sis!

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 12-13-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
thank you so much. I actually sent kaokite an e-mail through her ebay account earlier, so hopefully, she'll be kind enough to answer
Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Ladies,
please be careful when you post personal information (name, email) about others on the board. It can be viewed by others and used for not-so-nice purposes.
Thanks,
kaokite