GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,488
2 members and 1,486 guests
glittergal1985
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Got some "IVY" NEWS of my own

Just want to extend my thanks to the Lovely Ladies of AKA. Thank you for all your words of encouragement and praise during this whirlwind of a school year I'm having, and it's not over yet! I know a lot of you view this site and this page, and I have been so busy and I haven't came around recently, and I'm going to be even more busy, preparing to go to HARVARD!!!!!!! (Yesssssssss!!!) Don't think that I forgot how many of you congratulated me. It's just been a crazy couple of days. Then today, I received the jar of organic honey for me a.k.a "Busy-Bee"- So, I had to make sure at least some of you get my THANKYOU!!! Where ever did you find that honey?! I LOVE that honey! I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! I also am pleased that you even remembered that when I met you, I was eating it! That's an AKA. Always caring and paying attention to detail. In a weird sort of way I can thank you for my new friend PRINCESS ELMA. Who I went to school with for the last five years, and barely spoke to. Now we're cool as u-know, and we're about to go to two different Ivy League Schools! and @ the same time. I found out I got into Harvard the same day she found out that she got into COLUMBIA, and we cried together. It's bitter-sweet. It really sucks getting a new friend and knowing you won't see them on a regular basis anymore. But, who was there? Another AKA of course. So, I'm letting you know, right now that I'll be there. I know you do your Public Service thang, and if you need another helping hand (and brain-like you keep telling me) again, I'll be there. (Provided I'm not tied up again with my Harvard Pre-graduation Enrollment Counselor) This is hard work all ready!!! Thank you again. Since some of us are friends now it's only fair that I make a big deal of thanking you, like you made a big deal of encouraging me and supporting my educational endeavors. I actually feel choked up now! --Your Sisterfriend, Star.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

we did it!

Yes! We did it, Girl!!
When I came to this country, I couldn't even speak English. Now I'm going to COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY! I have to thank the AKAs for still helping me with my English. My Pre-grad Counselor said I'm "proficient not fluent." Plus, helping me (and my parents) with Immigration Issues. Thanks ladies!!! This really does mean the world to me.

My Education is my world, right now, because it unlocks so many more doors to so many other worlds!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO

oh no.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starang21 View Post
LMAO

oh no.
What? Aren't you happy for them? I am.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
What? Aren't you happy for them? I am.
I know, right? I am, too! Congrats, ladies! I love hearing positive stories about how my sorority influenced others. My beautiful sorority sisters make it a priority to be an encouragement to everyone everywhere we go. "Service to all mankind" is our motto, and THAT'S what it's all about. God bless you and a BIG congratulations!
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeASista View Post
I know, right? I am, too! Congrats, ladies! I love hearing positive stories about how my sorority influenced others. My beautiful sorority sisters make it a priority to be an encouragement to everyone everywhere we go. "Service to all mankind" is our motto, and THAT'S what it's all about. God bless you and a BIG congratulations!
I was being sarcastic. He/she/they are trolls.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I was being sarcastic. He/she/they are trolls.
WHAT?! Are you serious?! Okay, I gotta start hanging out on this board a little more often. I'm late on everything.
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes. There was a lot of mess around Founders' Day with these and several other screennames. Now, I just can't take any of it seriously; especially with the title of this thread.

Last edited by Little32; 03-05-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starang21 View Post
LMAO

oh no.

III Knoooooww!!!
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

IDK about this, seems a little spamtastic to me...Why post here?

LOCKED!!!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Closed Thread