Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,145
2 members and 1,143 guests
John, Tridentia

Old 10-04-2008, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

President of Exxon Mobil is a brother?!

I've been doing checks on Wikipedia to see if every time a wikipedia page comes up on google, it is wikilinked to the main APO wikipedia page. As such I've hit some rather odd links including one claiming that Nick Cannon joined APO at a local community college. Having checked with the APO national Office, I'm deleteing that one from Nick Cannon's Wikipedia page. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Cannon)

However I recently found another one for Rex W. Tillerson, President and CEO of Exxon-Mobil that claimed that he was a brother of Alpha Phi Omega. This one seems to have a higher probability of being correct. The IP address that added this fact to Mr. Tillerson also added to Dolph Briscoe's page that in addition to being a brother of APO, he had been in Alpha Rho chapter, which is correct given that he went to UT-Austin.

Mr. Tillerson also went to UT-Austin. I looked in the National Membership database and there *is* a Rex Tillerson who joined Alpha Rho chapter in Spring of 1971. Given that Rex W. Tillerson started at UT Austin in 1970 and graduated in 1975, I think this is *very* likely.

Info from
http://www.texasexes.org/alcalde/feature.asp?p=2805
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Tillerson
and the Fraternity membership database (If you are a brother and don't know how to get to this send me a PM.)
Old 10-04-2008, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Wowsers!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Good!

Good! I'm gonna have to lean on the shield for a hookup on some gas!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuous Woman View Post
Good! I'm gonna have to lean on the shield for a hookup on some gas!
Ok??? LOL
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Wow, Bill Clinton and now this guy. Two Brothers who've both had the world by the balls.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Quala67
I've personally boycotted EXXON since the Valdez spill....

Alumnus, Zeta Beta/Va Tech and ADI/VCU
Advisor, Alpha Beta Omega/ODU, Phi Mu/NSU, & AZPhi/Regent U
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Confirmed

The good news:
I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Judy Mitchell today. Rex Wayne Tillerson initiated into Alpha Rho chapter of Alpha Phi Omega in Spring of 1971. The Birthdate on his membership application is March 23rd, 1971 (which is incorrect since we don't pledge those under 1. , his actual birthday is March 23rd, 1952 according to other sources. My guess is that he isn't the only brother we've had put down his birthday this year rather than his birthdate on the form.

Oddly enough he pledged the semester before past APO president Wilfred Krenek at Alpha Rho.

The bad news:
However, given that the address in the National Database is the same as the one that he put on his application, it means that it is almost certain that the National Fraternity has had *zero* contact with him since graduation and certainly no contact with him since he became CEO/President. (so no hitting him up for gas )

So, while he would go on a list of Notable Alumni (I'll change the page on Wikipedia tonight), I personally doubt he will go into the Pledge Manual. For that short list, I'd want people who the National Office had actually talked to. If I were in the National office, I'd talk to Brother Krenek about whether there is anyone in the chapter (himself included) who is close enough to actually bring up the subject with Brother Tillerson.

YiLFS
Randolph Finder

Last edited by naraht; 10-06-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quala67 View Post
I've personally boycotted EXXON since the Valdez spill....
I think that he qualifies as notable whether you like him or not. Osama Bin Laden and Mahatma Ghandi both count as notable, however neither attended college in the United States or the Philippines and as such, there is no chance they are a brother.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GammaGirl2K7 Send a message via Yahoo to GammaGirl2K7
Wow...Nick is frat? Nice...
And Mr. Exxon Mobil too?? Yeah...time to get some free gas going.

Much love to my 25/52 Fam! Aint no bond like the one we got! Service is a habit, so get like us!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

been and gone

As I said before, I don't think he's had any contact since graduation, and one of the past APO National presidents was in the chapter at about the same time.

Randy