GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,168
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,525
1 members and 1,524 guests
John

Old 06-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

If You Want To Get Rid of A Guy...

Tell Him You Love Him...LOL. My friend just emailed me this link and I had to share -- have to buy this for my friend...she would love this

Check them out:

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/li...felessons.html
Old 06-01-2006, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL. This reminds me of what one of my guy friends said to me. This girl he used to date called him one day to tell him 'I love you'. He then said that he had to do something and that he would call her back. He never did.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Did you watch the "Kids will say everything you say" clip? Hilarious!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by smiley21
LOL. This reminds me of what one of my guy friends said to me. This girl he used to date called him one day to tell him 'I love you'. He then said that he had to do something and that he would call her back. He never did.
(two different guys for these stories)

1. After the 2nd date I had a guy ask me if I wanted to go away with him for a weekend. That got the "you know, I'm really rather busy"

2. Also after a 2nd date, a guy asked me if I would wear a promise ring if he got me one! I think I said something along the lines of I really don't wear much jewelry other than my lavalier. I really don't think he realized what a promise ring was - or if he did, 2nd date is NOT the time to discuss them!!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

There was a guy I dated my freshman year of high school. (Really, our friends pushed us into it). Our first date was prom (he was a Jr). Three weeks later (because I was hugely busy the other weekends, of course ) we went to the movies...and I made him sit with a seat in between us. The next weekend, he called and said "Hey, it's our one month anniversary" (It is?) "I love you"...Me: "Ok, thanks for calling, bye". Two weeks later we both went (separately) to a mutual friend's birthday party, where we broke up. Girls get scared by the L-bomb too (especially when it's totally inappropriate!!)!!
Old 06-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Another easy way to lose a guy is to make sure the latest issue of any given Bridal magazine is prominantly displayed when he comes over.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Beryana
(two different guys for these stories)

1. After the 2nd date I had a guy ask me if I wanted to go away with him for a weekend. That got the "you know, I'm really rather busy"

2. Also after a 2nd date, a guy asked me if I would wear a promise ring if he got me one! I think I said something along the lines of I really don't wear much jewelry other than my lavalier. I really don't think he realized what a promise ring was - or if he did, 2nd date is NOT the time to discuss them!!
Beryana, looks like we should get you the "I love you" figurine! LOL! Too funny!

And LeslieAGD, I that clip is hilarious!

Also, I really like the Dont Mix Merlot and Emailing -- HAHA! I think I could buy that one for at least 10 of my friends
Old 06-13-2006, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
There is a difference between saying "I love you" after two dates, and saying "I love you" after 6+ months.

The first one is one of those "too much interest too soon is a sign of a potential abuser" thing. The second one is reasonable.

It's like expecting to be proposed to after a month of dating (assuming that you have known each other a little over a month, as compared to good friends who realized they were in love with each other) and wanting to become exclusive after a month of dating. I don't think that wanting to go steady after a month of dating involving several dates is unreasonable.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile
Another easy way to lose a guy is to make sure the latest issue of any given Bridal magazine is prominantly displayed when he comes over.

that might backfire, if he's ready to get married
Old 06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
I agree. If the guy is the more interested one, he may rejoice upon hearing the 3 little words or seeing the bridal magazine. Even if he is not pressuring you to take things to the next step.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 06-13-2006, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

actually, if you want to stop seeing someone, just break up with him. You're all mean for reading this thread! seriously, just tell him your not into him so he can move on and find someone that likes him, and you won't look like a slut if you start dating someone new
Old 06-13-2006, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

When we were together, the ex-boyfriend used to talk about marriage, which freaked me out royally. I showed him the engament ring that I've had picked out for years. It costs about $20-30,000. I figured by the time he could afford the ring, I'd be ready to get married.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist Prime
actually, if you want to stop seeing someone, just break up with him. You're all mean for reading this thread! seriously, just tell him your not into him so he can move on and find someone that likes him, and you won't look like a slut if you start dating someone new

Well I see your point but did you see the figurines? It is more a gag gift then actually something serious -- i think it is just mocking the fact that girls are more emotional and lovey dovey than guys and how saying "I love you" could really freak you out, you know?

There are some other really funny ones -- the mom wearing the big jeans is good. I wish that I saw that one before mothers days LOL
Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzfan
Well I see your point but did you see the figurines? It is more a gag gift then actually something serious -- i think it is just mocking the fact that girls are more emotional and lovey dovey than guys and how saying "I love you" could really freak you out, you know?

There are some other really funny ones -- the mom wearing the big jeans is good. I wish that I saw that one before mothers days LOL

oh.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

These are hilarious! My supervisor and another co-worker crowded behind me and we watched several clips and couldn't stop laughing.