Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,494
4 members and 1,490 guests
John, KDKells

Old 08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Keirsey Sorter

ITT we discuss the Kiersey Temperament Sorter, a personality test that is similar to but not the same or as exhaustive as the MMPI. Great for teams to help them work through road blocks, my Parish Priest gave this test to my fiance (now husband, and me as part of our pre-marriage counseling.

Wikipedia on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter

Keirsey Web Site: http://www.keirsey.com/

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 08-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, you only get a partial result unless you pay. But it was an interesting test. I find it thought provoking why some questions I can so easily say "duh, that one" and others I virtually have to just pick one at random.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Very true about the questions. I bought one of the books form Amazon so I could read more the different personalities. The test with self scoring instructions is in the back of the book. My husband and I are very similar yet complementary with regards to some important traits. And in a regards to a few traits there are small conflicts that we have to head off sometimes.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

i was first introduced to Myers Briggs about 15 years ago when I took the assessment as part of a manager training. After the results were returned, I was asked by the administrator if I would be interested in participating in a continued study. Why? Evidently, very few women come out with the same results.

After taking it again and again (different work places, different situations) I always come out just about the same. Borderline E/I, but more on the I-side. Off the charts on the N. Definite T and near the middle but always a J.

I own 2 or 3 of the books and they really do make sense. I'm now at the point that I realize what the questions are pinpointing, and I can typically identify what my coworkers are.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I just took the test on three different websites and came up with a different answer for each one, each of which describes me really well.

I closed the first one by accident so I forget what it was but otherwise came up with ENFP and ESFJ. So I'm definitely Extroverted and Feeling. Sounds about right.

I love things like these. There was one I did for leadership training in high school where you took the test and it gave you five words out of about 50 or so that fit you best. At the end, the program I was on leadership for made a small postcard for each of us with all the words on it, with the size representing how often it came up in our results. It was the coolest thing. I just wish I could remember what it was and where we took it....

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I always come out as INFJ. Here I am!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I am an ESFJ/ESTJ which is a Guardian Provider/Guardian Supervisor.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

INTJ.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

introverted (I) 54.05% Extroverted (E) 45.95%
Intuitive (N) 59.38% Sensing (S) 40.63%
Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
Perceiving (P) 66.67% Judging (J) 33.33%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

ΒΣΦ
Louisiana Preceptor Pi -Exemplar
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
I am an ESFJ/ESTJ which is a Guardian Provider/Guardian Supervisor.
I took one and all it told me was I was a Guardian.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
INTJ.

There are very few of us around!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I took one and all it told me was I was a Guardian.

Me too. I didn't want to buy the full report to see what type of guardian, although I'm curious.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I've done Myers Briggs before for work. I'm (or was anyway, I'll have to retake it) an ENTJ. But at one work place, all of the supervisors and managers were all similarly categorized at pretty much the opposite of that. That may mean I'm a fluke and the managers are all just really sensitive, but there were several regular joes like me who had better leadership qualities than the management. And yes, that office was a train-wreck.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
I always come out as INFJ. Here I am!
I'm an INFJ as well! I haven't met very many others in real life.

My husband read this INFJ description a few years back and said it was scary accurate about me (except the cluttered desk part - I'm a compulsive picker-up around the house!).

When I realized I was an INFJ years ago, several things fell into place for me. This was especially true in the area of intuitively knowing something and not understanding how other people couldn't see it when (to me) it was as plain as the nose on your face. When my husband and I were engaged and first married, we went through some negative circumstances with other people and I correctly perceived what was really going on, people's motives, etc. and I was shown to be correct over time. My husband didn't know me well enough yet to understand how I could know these things. Now that we've been married fifteen years, he's seen it play out many times and is very quick to listen to me when I get a feeling about something and just intuitively know.

Fun stuff!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.

Last edited by TriDeltaSallie; 08-25-2012 at 01:10 PM.