GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,434
0 members and 1,434 guests
No Members online

Old 05-15-2002, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to crimsinqt_dst
What's really important

Yesterday, I had the distinct experience of wrapping my car around a pole. The force of the impact drove everything that was in the trunk of my '99 Acura Integra to the back seat. Both of my airbags deployed, and it took me about 2 minutes to get my wheels from spinning. But I'm here, and thank God He was there with me. I walked away from a mass of red metal and plastic, thankful, because my family could've been in the midst of making my final arrangements. And although my story may not effect you or warrant a resounding SO WHAT from the general public, I just wanted to share this with my greek family. All the material things in this world may blind us with greed, envy, or cause us to forget that the most important things in life are not man made.

Just wanted to share

Fabulous
# 5, S.O.S Winter '02
Devistating Delta Psi
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MaNessa
Yes, you are blessed to have been able to walk away, to God be the Glory! We have to remind ourselves it's the little things that are truly important, and money can't buy them most times.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: What's really important

Quote:
Originally posted by crimsinqt_dst
Yesterday, I had the distinct experience of wrapping my car around a pole. The force of the impact drove everything that was in the trunk of my '99 Acura Integra to the back seat. Both of my airbags deployed, and it took me about 2 minutes to get my wheels from spinning. But I'm here, and thank God He was there with me. I walked away from a mass of red metal and plastic, thankful, because my family could've been in the midst of making my final arrangements. And although my story may not effect you or warrant a resounding SO WHAT from the general public, I just wanted to share this with my greek family. All the material things in this world may blind us with greed, envy, or cause us to forget that the most important things in life are not man made.
Just reading this made my heart race. I am sooooooooo glad YOU are ABLE to tell us this. What a Blessing.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

You are blessed!! I'm glad you're OK

This reminds me that you never know what will happen. I had a near-miss this week too (though not as intense) I decided to keep working through lunch, instead of going downstairs to the salad bar (Mac Kelly's) in my building. Lo and behold a CAR DROVE INTO THE ENTRANCE OF THE SALAD BAR. Had I gone to lunch when I planned, chances are I would have been in or near the doorway at the time of the accident!

Here's the story:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-crash15.html

Always count your blessings!!

Last edited by Virtual Violet; 05-16-2002 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so happy that you survived to tell us the story. Thank God.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

God is good...

I am very happy to hear that you are OK. Car accidents are life altering events. Just lets you know that God is in control. He is the owner, and we are just the managers...
Old 05-17-2002, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel you.....

I know how a car accident can make you reevaluate your life. Almost four years ago, I was in a car that flipped over four times into a 15 foot ditch. I couldn't believe that I walked away from that accident with only a torn ligament in my hand. When I went back to retrieve my personal items out of the car two days later, I was in disbelief that I was still alive. Even the people at the tow yard couldn't believe that anyone had survived that accident. The thing that hit me the hardest is that the roof of my car was dented in where my head should have been. I guess my body tilted to the side while the car was flipping and that's why it didn't crush my head. I always wondered why my life (and the two other people who were in the car with me) was spared. I know now that it had to be so that I can experience the love that I have now with my husband and my son. Before the accident, I had reproductive problems. I was fortunate to conceive my son three months after the accident. I'm convinced he's the reason my life was spared.
Old 05-18-2002, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to korkscru Send a message via Yahoo to korkscru
God IS good, isn't He, Soror??? You are right on point. The important things are love, peace, joy, happiness. Anyone could have MATERIAL things, but if you have none of the attributes stated, then what? I think about this EVERY day. No, I'm not filthy rich with money and material things. But (ONLY through the grace and mercy of God), Girl, I KNOW where I come from and how FAR I've come. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally... he's my best friend.. the love of my life. I have two loving and healthly children who love me unconditionally as well. I have an OUTSTANDING mother who is ALWAYS ready to go the extra mile for me. I have lots of other people in my life who have been there for me. And MOST importantly, I've got JESUS himself right here by my side!!!

I think that as we grow older, our perceptions change. It's like one day after thirty (or maybe even a little before) you all of a sudden have this "AHA!!" moment. What you THOUGHT was important suddenly isn't important anymore. It's truly a DEFINING and POSITIVE life-changing moment.

I'm thanking God right now that you were able to walk away from your accident. I'm also thanking Him for giving you even MORE insight into the TRUE purpose of life.

GOD BLESS YOU SOROR!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Your testimony has touched me. What's really important? Here I am concerned about semester grades and my finances and you've had a near death experience. You never know the worth of you're life and whats important in it until you experience things in which you have experienced.

I was reading over this "Never Again List" and on of the lines state; Never Again will I confess worries or frustrations, for I am "casting all my care upon Him who careth for me" l Peter 5:7.
This reminds me that I have no reason to worry about the unimportant things because I have a God who will always care for me.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good. You are truly blessed.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Reading the respones of those fellow Sorors that have had near death experiences was very touching. I am very happy to hear that you were able to live through it and experience such wonderful things in your life afterwards. I know how it feels, I had a car accident this week that was a hit-n-run. While I am upset that my brand new car is messed up ( I just got it a few months ago after my last car was stolen) and my back is messed up, I know that I also am blessed to be able to walk away from it all. I want you all to know that my prayers are with all of you always.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:51 PM
kissy324

You are blessed....

I thank God you survived such a terrible accident. God was letting you know that it was not your time yet.

Just wanted you to know that the general public has a heart,too.

God bless