GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,287
0 members and 1,287 guests
No Members online

Old 12-15-2003, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Fundraisers

I was wondeing what all the chapters did out there as far as fundraisers go. What worked best, what didn't work, and how much money was made for each?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Sorry, my PC shut down while I was typing you a message! Stoopid Machines

This year at Founders Day, instead of having a Key Note Speaker, we are going to have an Auction before the Dinner.

We have never done this before, but with the Help and Idea of Brother Rabo, we are going to try one.

His Son some went with another Fraternity, (another Story), but they have been doing this in conjuntion with parents day weekend. It has continually grown! Parents or who ever donate things and they bid on them. In Rams words, heck, I took down 100.00 worth of stuff and bought 150.00 wiorth.

As I said, while we are doing it for our Founders Day and they do it in conjunction with Parents Day, it has grown to be quite large. Not only does this get the parents envolved, it lets them know the Brothers and their parents that thier Little Angels are Living with and running around with!

It does not have to be just LXA things, but something for the Ladies, Fru Fru Stuff, for the Gentlemen, Golf things, tools etc. How abgout Compiutor thigs? Office Max a lot of times has stuff that are on sale and with rebate, free. School T and sweat Shirts.

This is actually the first fund raising for the Zeta that we have ever done. We usually do this type of thing for Charity Functions!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-15-2003, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pman233
Wolfgang Candy

We used them because they are relatively close to the chapter, but I know they ship. Pretty sweet arrangement - they send you catalogs, you send them the orders and the money you owe them, and keep the profits.

This isn't the door-to-door peddling crap like in middle school either. Mostly seasonal candy and gifts, with emphasis on Easter and Christmas.

The last time I ran this as fundraising chair, many brothers paid all their dues, formal, and pocketed some cash.

PM me is you have any questions.

ZAX,

pman
Old 12-15-2003, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Yo pman, how go Bro!

Just a say Hi!

Sounds like a great idea. PM me if you do not mind!

Will run it up the pole the LX Z Crew!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
Another idea that I use with another fraternal organization I belong to, that we do to raise money to fund travel expenses:

Reverse Raffles (check to see how you can do this legally in your particular state, it varies):

We sell only 100 tickets, at $30 each. Participants have a 1:100 chance of winning the grand prize, which is $1,000 cash, if their's is the last ticket drawn out of the pot. We feed them a decent homemade meal, and have other prizes donated given out at regular intervals (first ticket drawn out gets their money back).

It is a lot of fun if done right. We do this twice a year, and along with other fundraising efforts, are completely self-sufficient in affording travel to various locations for international conventions and competitions. We usually net anywhere from $1,500 to $1,800 after expenses, if all 100 tickets get sold. You do need a special license to do a fundraiser like this, so make sure to look into specifics before you do such an event.